PDA

View Full Version : Chalk One Up For The Girls

Mark Steinert
05-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Went to alum today to tune some lures for opening day on St. Clair. After 2 hours my wife "Drenda" asked me to teach her how to cast with a bait caster. So we pulled into a cove so we could get off the boat because i did not want her to hook something on the boat or ME. After about 5 casts she was mad because she was dragging bottom and bringing in leaves. I said to reel alot faster and try to cast further. Grumbeling something that i cannot post she threw again and i started walking away. Then she yelled again. I turned around to see the water exploding. I about crapped my pants and ran back to her. I had to run a ways to the boat to get the net. I fell flat on my face because my feet were tangled in my own line that i dropped. All the time she is yelling at me. I finally got back and netted her fish. It was 31 inches. We got pictures and it swam away strong. I do not think she knows how lucky she was. I am still proud of her. We left after eating lunch but got nothing else trolling. It left me wondering. But a good day overall.

St Clair Hound
05-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey Mark thats the way it goes sometimes, when you least expect it. I'll never forget, one time up here on St. Clair while trolling. I had brought the bait in , cleaned the weeds, dropped it back in the propwash and hit release to let out line when it started to scream. Burned the skin off my thumb slowing down the reel to engage it.