PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Trip to Caesars

bladeslinger
05-15-2009, 05:50 PM
I made my second trip to Caesars last night and this morning. My first time out was last year when David Foor guided my friend Sid and I in Tom's place while he enjoyed a Turkey hunt trip he had won. We had a rough time even locating fish last year because of the stained water problems. This time out I'd have to say the clarity is very good. I went on a route similar to the one Dave had guided us on and used advice I got from both Dave and Tom regarding the current conditions. In among the Crappie tournament pre-fishers, at 4:30 yesterday, I caught a feisty 36.5" KY strain on a slow-motion figure 8. The fish was somewhat interested as it followed the lure back to the boat, seemed to disappear off the bow when I started the 8, then circled back and walloped a Bucher Slopmaster single Colorado. Thanks go out to Tom and Dave for the heads up on tactics and location! About 6:30 last night I had a hot follow on a 10" Manta (I don't have any smaller ones), but he spooked badly when I started the 8, never to be seen again. This morning was uneventful, those east winds never seem to work in my favor!

David_4
05-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Great job Tony doing it "Solo".