PDA

View Full Version : campgrounds

pure_joker
05-12-2009, 07:52 AM
I was looking for a campground on Little bdn for this weekend. We will be launching a 20 ft. so not sure we can do the eastern shore. Anything on the west shore? Any help will be appreciated. thanks

jerkbait
05-12-2009, 08:19 AM
hi, the city of gladstone has a nice campground right on the lake and close to both gladstone and kipling launches. its at the end of main street near the power plant they have modern facilities with some full hook ups and some with cable too.

there is also pioneer trail park near the escanaba river it is more of a woodsy area with less modern facilities. but still a nice campground.

and if you wanna launch from the ford river there is the park place of the north a small campground with less sites but very close to the ford river launch and a few taverns for good food and drink... although a 20 footer may be a little too big to launch in the ford river because the mouth is very shallow.

hope this helps...

jerkbait

rockbass
05-12-2009, 09:04 AM
just so you know pioneer trail as electic & water at their sites as well as cable tv available at some sites. There is also a shower building.

If you want the east side you might want to try the Vegabond Resort has full hookups, or Twin springs (rustic) campground over on the Stonington Penninsula. As far as launching over there im not sure someone else could help better with that i thought vegabonsd had a launch but i dont know about a 20 footer.

mecosmo
05-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi There, If you stay at Galdstone camp ground(or anywhere that you decide to stay at), you can call the Gladstone harbor master and rent a slip for the weekend or week. And not have to mess with launching everyday. I have done this in years past and it is safe & easy way to come and go out fishing! and no waiting for the traffic jam at the launch everyday!

river runner
05-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Vagabond has a great facility, and great people.

You have to launch at the state forest campground just 1/4 mile south.
But they have docks to keep your boat, i get my 20' in there no problem.

Icefish2
05-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Gladstone Bay Campground has 26 full service sites and 22 "electric only" sites, with all having 50 amp service and cable. They have newer bathrooms and showers.........very nice, and only 1/2 mile from harbor boat launch.

snydergb
05-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Vagabond is awesom with lots of dock space. If you book a cabin you even get your own slip spot. Hunters point boat launch is a great spot and only about a mile away.