View Full Version : Check This Out

Kyle K.
05-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Hey Ty,

Check out this flyer I saw down here in Eau Claire at restaurant. What do you guys think of it. Is it something that is true and is it really sponsored by the Hayward Lakes Association?

-Kyle

Cold Front
05-10-2009, 07:16 PM
There is a fish fry going on at the Chippewa Flowage this summer that is aimed at targeting bass. Some folks wanted to take some pressure off the walleye and showcase species that the DNR has deemed expendable in th e Chippewa Flowage. This is quite obviously an attack by somebody who doesn't think eating bass or targeting bass as a "keepable" resource. Whoever wrote this surely wants to raise awareness that this "alternative species" fish fry is going on. I can't imagine this is real, I think a musky fry at a public landing on the Chippewa Flowage would end with bad consequences.

Cold Fornt

jkahler
05-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Is the size limit 50" yet? If so, good luck catching one for that! Pretty nasty eating too I bet.

Snizz
05-11-2009, 08:29 AM
"Nail your muskie head to a tree!"

I almost pissed myself! LOLOLOL

Ty Sennett
05-11-2009, 12:07 PM
I just called the number and the lady had no idea about the muskie cook off. I'm sure it's some weird way of saying they don't want to have the bass cook off. Can't blame them honestly. I think it's a joke to have a bass cook off.

Snizz
05-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Yea, we can catch a lot of bass and cut them open to see what they have been eating...to study their habits...and instead of just dumping the fish in the trash, we can eat them