PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch Monster Quest on History Channel?

Indigoiguana
05-06-2009, 09:43 PM
I just caught a bit of the show tonight about predator fish. Some cool video of a Mille Lacs muskie and other big fish like the groper. What your fingers... and your arm.

MS

Ferg09
05-07-2009, 07:43 AM
I was amazed about that kid that got bit in the foot! How big would a fish have to be ya think to attack a person?

deantre
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
a two foot pike could attack a hand in the water easily, thinking it is prey. The fish is not attacking the person but the part of a person it perceives as prey, nothing like flashing white feet or hands to attract a hit.

Jax
05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
I forget where I saw/read this at (video, book, etc....) but back in the early 1900's a 11 year old boy was almost killed when a monster musky attacked him while he was swimming in a river. Supposedly the people with him saw the fish and the boy would have drowned if the people he was with didn't drag him to shore.

jkahler
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
These stories sure will help future stocking efforts.

Fred B.
05-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Sounds familiar...

Indigoiguana
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Better be careful skinny dipping. They go for the gooey parts first...

MS

jkahler
05-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Sounds familiar...

I've been wondering if that book is any good. Have you read it?

MuskyMaven
05-09-2009, 04:16 PM
"These stories sure will help future stocking efforts."

My thoughts exactly. Sure would suck to see stuff like this being used by the "Anti's" as ammunition to support their positions.

Ty Sennett
05-10-2009, 06:36 AM
I don't think these stories will be used by the anti stocking crowd. Not a big deal. There was a kid here on the Chip who was bit hanging his toes off the end of the dock a few years back. What are the odds of that. I'm sure we all have done it in our lives. I talked to a guy at Treelands one time that said he was pulling his daughter tubing and when she fell off there was a huge mucky rubbing agains her. He said she was screaming like crazy and the fish still just swam agains her. I asked him what color life vest she was wearing so I could pattern my baits after her.

lil man tait
05-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I was fishing with the parents on the chip about two years ago and reeled in a small northern on light line. I bent down to pick up the pike from the water and about two feet down was a upper forty inch musky waiting to grab the pike and me!! It was curled in an "S" shape like they usually do before hitting. I quickly took my hand away and "fished" the northern back and forth. The musky took a lazy swipe and fleed.

tait

Fred B.
05-15-2009, 07:54 AM
jkahler,

Yes, I have read the book. From what I remember, some parts were a little much for my tastes but overall it was fun to read. If you like sci-fi thrillers, you will probably enjoy it.