PDA

View Full Version : Spring Gobbler

Red Childress
05-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Has anyone bagged a good bird lately??

I have been hearnig them around my house and echoing around the river the past few weeks. I miss those days except for the 3am wake-up. :)

ttabaleulb
05-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't hunt anymore, but bagged a nice one with the hood of my car a couple of weekends ago. Almost got another last Sunday. LOL

Red Childress
05-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Did you pick the meat out of your grill at least??

ttabaleulb
05-06-2009, 01:09 PM
LMAO Nope. Didn't even get a chance to stop until almost a half mile down the road because the road was so narrow. Just got the vehicle back last week with a new hood. That was one expensive &#$%^* bird!! I did save a couple of feathers for my insurance company. LOL

Chris Streich
05-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I've been after them pretty much every morning before work. They have been frustrating so far this season. Seems where I have been hunting they gobble good on the roost only to fly down and shut right up. Busted by a couple big toms last week. I think they are just starting to really get fired up the next couple weeks.

ttabaleulb
05-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Chris,

Just let me know the road that runs near your hunting grounds and I'll drive by and call one out for you in no time!! I swear that driving with the boat on back is like some sort of Turkey call. I almost went 2 for 2. LOL

A friend at work told me that I should go hunt for Turkey and maybe I'd hit a Musky the next time. Might be my best chance to get things rolling here in '09. :)

muskie52
05-07-2009, 02:42 AM
I have been out a handful of times and it's been frustrating! The birds out this way have been very quiet! I haven't heard a gobble until the last time I was out....and he gobbled twice and then shut up. I'm not ready to give up yet though!