PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my ride...

Muskie Matt
05-05-2009, 08:54 AM

Couple days downtime... should be back on the water Friday, gonna look cool.

Jeremy Hopland
05-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't see Xzibit and that don't look like West Coast Customs, but maybe it's a reasonable "Northwoods" facsimile :p

Should be looking good though...

Mark Benson
05-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Matt:

Who is your help???

Mark

Muskie Matt
05-06-2009, 08:10 AM
West Coast Choppers it ain't, but these guys are the northwoods version. You should see some of the rides in their shop... I'm drooling over a 48 yellow Merc coupe... wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in the driveway someday... I use Eagle Collision here in town, on Hwy 45 south, they have shops in Minocqua and Rhinelander too. Great bunch of guys and they know their stuff... I'll get a picture of that coupe...

Mark Benson
05-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Ahhh, yes, the Olson boys at the Collision Centers. Some pretty good musky guys also!!!

Mark

Muskie Matt
05-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Yes, they are...

Still pimping the boat, 'bout ready for some paint...

And here's that Merc I want to put in the driveway... needs some chrome.

Muskie Matt
05-07-2009, 10:53 PM
As of today the "Mary Celeste" is painted! Waiting on new rubrail and graphics... We'll get a photo to post tomorrow.

These guys are good, highly recommended if you're looking to "pimp your ride..."

Muskie Matt
05-09-2009, 07:53 AM
As promised, here's an update on the pimp job...

She's painted and looks great. I'm waiting on new graphics and new rubrail at the moment. I could take her out and fish but I'm told letting the paint cure a couple days isn't a bad thing as long as I'm waiting for stuff anyway...

Let me tell you guys out there, whether auto or boat work, go see the boys at Eagle Collision

http://www.eaglecollisionctr.com/

A friendlier bunch of guys is hard to find but most impressively, they're straight shootin' guys. If you don't get along with these fellows... you have a personality problem...

I actually need a name for the boat now... "The Tub", "Her", and " *%^ of a @+#!* " just doesn't cut it anymore... lately I've just been using any name that comes to mind, like...
"Black Pearl"
"Flying Dutchman"
and "Mary Celeste"

Maybe I'll make a poll, let you guys decide... or perhaps do a call in vote during this weeks radio show... hmmmm?

Sid Chigger
05-09-2009, 08:58 AM
She looks good, Matt!

A Name Matt's Boat Contest is a good idea!

Muskie Matt
05-09-2009, 09:36 AM
At the moment the name "Mary Celeste" sticks in my mind... a brigantine of famous stories where all aboard her disappeared without a trace, she was found early December, 1872, empty and adrift on the Atlantic...

"In summary, the ship was in good condition and seaworthy, yet the crew had apparently abandoned her very quickly and abruptly, perhaps in panic, although there was no evidence to suggest why this was so. Expensive personal possessions and the ship cargo were left in place and were completely untouched. There was no sign of a piracy raid, a mutiny, or any kind of violence or struggle aboard, nor was severe weather reported or seen in the area. None of the Mary Celeste's crew or passengers were found, nor was the lifeboat, and it is unlikely that the events leading to their disappearance will ever be known with certainty"

It's a cool story...

IOOF105
05-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Hey Matt,
How about the Edmund fitz matty or Edmund Fitz Musky it's got a ring to it

Muskie Matt
05-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Don't know yet... but a boat has to have a name, bad juju for a boat not to have a name...

Should be putting graphics on and "splashing" her today, may have to wait overnight to let graphics set, not sure yet, but I want her back on the water. There's an uneasy disturbance in the universe and the force needs to be balanced...

Besides... guide work starts again tomorrow, she's going in no matter what.

Muskie Matt
05-15-2009, 08:58 PM
The "Mary Celeste" is pimped and floating again... good to crack her open and skip across a lake again.

The guys did a great job at Eagle Collision, these guys know what they're doing and if your boat needs a makeover... go see these guys.

Check em' out...

Sid Chigger
05-16-2009, 06:34 AM
She looks new!! From the outside, anyway..

Muskie Matt
05-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Well now, you'll just have to climb in er' and do a little muskie fishin' to see what that interior looks like now, won't you?

Worked a few minutes with the banjo and Pete on the "gitar" today... "jump on in boys and hang on", yeehaw...!

Sid Chigger
05-17-2009, 07:31 AM
I was in the Mary Celeste last year.. I remember ciggie butts, Dr. Pepper cans and lures big as your foot were everywhere... :-)

You and Pete whould play live on the show sometime!

Pete Stoltman
05-17-2009, 09:26 AM
We had some fun working on "Cripple Creek"with Matt. Reminded me of a kid taking the training wheels off the bike for the first time. Had a hoot and before you know it we'll get some of that stuff on the show. Looking forward to "Chiggerfest" at Musky Lodge this summer. I might even drag my buddies who play mandolin and bass along.

Sid Chigger
05-17-2009, 09:58 AM
We had some fun working on "Cripple Creek"with Matt. Reminded me of a kid taking the training wheels off the bike for the first time. Had a hoot and before you know it we'll get some of that stuff on the show. Looking forward to "Chiggerfest" at Musky Lodge this summer. I might even drag my buddies who play mandolin and bass along.

Bring 'em on Peter!

59 days and a wake up - we'll be on our way!