PDA

View Full Version : Report 5-5-09

Justin Mullins
05-05-2009, 04:57 AM
Once again sorry for not posting anything in a while. I'm really covered up and run out time to do anything.

First of all congrats to the big winners of the PMTT in the Fox Chain. The second leg of the trail. The winners caught two fish under very tough conditions with the fish spawning.

The fish here at Cave Run have really been going. All last week my boat averaged to two fish a day. Nutter was out guiding all week he was on fire too. Fish seem to be everywhere. We have caught in very shallow water inside the weeds we have caught over the weeds and on the edges with the bigger fish coming from inside and outside. Right now there is no secret deal. Fish are in the coves and the flats. The weeds have grown really good over the last few days. The water all over the main lake is clear. I would like to see some color to it actually. The bait choices have been pretty simple spinnerbaits, EXO's, super stalkers have really produced for me, and the double cowgirl has moved some fish as well. Last week I would move fish super early just after daylight and the next day it would later in the day so right now I have not found the exact time but super early is getting close. Trolling is producing for a lot people right now too. Trolling shallow seems to be the ticket for that. With all the rain over the weekend the lake will probably come up some don't know for sure but I heard a lot run off coming yesterday.

Make sure you stop in if you go out. Good luck fishing..

Justin Mullins
05-07-2009, 05:05 AM
As of yesterday the lake was up 3 feet and still rising. They said today it would come up another foot. The only ramp that has water on it is clay lick. The ledge walking out to the dock had some water on it yesterday. The other ramps are ok. Remember these fish are already in the back of the creeks with this running water coming should make for super bite with the fish going to bushes. Spinnerbait time is here!!!