PDA

View Full Version : Hey Boondocker

SSMACNCHEESE
05-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Just wanted to ask if you've used your new finder yet.
This technology being applied to open water fishing is new to me and I find it very exciting so I had to share this with you. Went out the other night and was able to use my finder just like I was ice fishing. I know most people who have had fancy units are asking whats the big deal, but I've never been blessed with something this nice.
Anyway when you get set up over some fish and anchored. Go to menu and select A scope 1. Drop your lure down and you should see it right away. Even if you can't see it real well on the graph you can usually pick up a signal on the A scope. I have had a vertical pixel graph (just like a vex but vertical instead of in a circle) for a few years for ice fishing and this A scope feature is identical to the pixel graph. Its such a blast! You can see the fish react and get them to chase your bait. Also if its a bit wavy or there is current you can select 50khz instead of 200 and this really gives you a wider beam when you can't keep the bait right under the boat.
Let me know if your having as much fun as I am with this thing.
By the way tons of small walleye a few would be keepers... and a few dandy perch. Just wish I could find some more.

Boondocker
05-05-2009, 06:27 AM
Hey MACNCHEESE..

NO.. I have not got mine on the water yet, we had good
conditions last weekend but I wanted to get the boat rigged
right for runnin a triple package so i did that instead of
getting out..

I was scrolling around the screens last night, how about the
display on the temp. speed and battery condition pretty
dam slick eh? and then the color palette on the night vision
mode looks really cool to..

Thanks for sharing you're enthusiasm on this finder I also
feel blessed to have such a nice unit on the boat. and again
Fin thanks for posting the link..

So... I sure hope they keep this new triple line regulation
in effect for a while after spending 2 bills on a new sealine
counter reel and walleye angler rod.. ohhh and lets not forget
the 2 hundo on rail stands and new scotty holders!

Any how.. check out the triple package i rigged on the boat..