PDA

View Full Version : Let The Games Begin.......

Frank Walsh
05-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Just got the first northern off the dock on a spinnerbait. A 34-35 inch type. Anyone want to smell my left finger??????

Did cast a bit yesterday to no avail. However, ran to Young's Bay today. Ice free, but you could still see white on the big lake

Doug Johnson
05-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Been catching slimers off the mouth of the Warroad river the beat the band.

Good view of the lake today on MODIS. Looks like there's lots of ice left on the big lake, but breaking up and going fast. Hope to be in Whitefish around Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Doug Johnson

http://ge.ssec.wisc.edu/modis-today/index.php?satellite=t1&product=true_color&date=2009_05_04_124&overlay_sector=false&overlay_state=true&overlay_coastline=true&sector=USA3&resolution=250m

jimmyb
05-04-2009, 05:24 PM
AWESOME!!!!! I needed some good news today. Dick better get on the ball soon or I'll beat him there. See you in 24 days!!!!!!!

Frank Walsh
05-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Got another one today slightly bigger, and had a smaller one follow. I forgot to mention a shiner spawn yesterday when the sun was hot. Not the case today.

DSmith
05-06-2009, 05:26 PM
You are tearing me up with this post. All I can do is work and try to forget what you are doing. I have my Lund already for the trip at the end of the month. Be ready as there will be dinners of Ribeye, NY Strip, Ribeye, NY Strip and BBQ Ribs to mention a few.

Frank Walsh
05-06-2009, 05:43 PM
What no walleye????? There must be a god. Tell Mike I was thinking of him when the pike was trying to twist out of my grip.

DSmith
05-07-2009, 06:51 AM
I didn't want to spoil your day and mention Walleye for lunch each day. Of course, you will be cruising with Gary and John eating barbecue. I will let Mike know as he is anxious to ball-bat that Pike. I have a holster made up for him for a joke. I will show it to him for the first time on the 28th. I might have to get a picture for his book.

Frank Walsh
05-07-2009, 07:15 AM
He probably has a nightstick left over from his working days. Would be pretty funny having a bat hidden in the boat for that special moment. A regular, "Stop-Em, From Flopin"!

Or as Rodney would say, Why can't all just get along"?????

DSmith
05-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Stop-em, From Flopin. Great verse, I will see what I can do.