PDA

View Full Version : River temps

Red Childress
05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Water is 46 North of Warren and 52 South. Water has cleaned up considerably with visibility of 3-5 feet depending on where you are fishing.

The Kinzua outflow is decreasing today as well.

cband
05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Visibility was around a foot on the lower Allegheny Saturday morning. A little better toward evening. Temps were in the 54-56 Range.

toothyfishman
05-04-2009, 02:11 PM
On the water today.
North of Warren I had 44 degrees.
South of Warren was 50 degrees.
Conawango had things mudded up some.

Had that green slimmy crap floating throughout the water column. Not terrible bad but...

Got one pike and saw 2 muskies both were 46-48" fish, NICE!

Red Childress
05-05-2009, 07:09 AM
It looks like another one of those years when we have unusually low river levels allowing the sun to penetrate deeper which gets that slimy moss crap growing earlier.

The surface river temps will fluctuate considerably depending on the sun. I had a reading of 58 in Tidioute during the late-afternoon and by the time the sun was low, it was down to 54. I have not had an early morning start yet so my temps are a little higher than the median temp.

toothyfishman
05-05-2009, 08:56 AM
For sure on the sun.......we started real early and finished by 2pm and didn't really have much as far as sun goes. Cloudy most all the day.

IM 2 Sage
05-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Red: What do expect the river conditions to be this week end. We have had a lot of rain in Western Pa. The rivers are ugly down here. Thanks.

Red Childress
05-07-2009, 07:35 AM
It will take a storm of epic proportions to muddy up the water immediately South of the Kinzua outflow. South of Warren can get muddy due to the Conewango Creek, which is basically the drainage of Chautauqua Lake and 40 miles of farmland running through Western NY. Since the farm fields are being turned over and planted, it does not take much rain to muddy up that creek at this time.

You will be safe in the stretch below the Kinzua outlfow and 8.7 miles South.