PDA

View Full Version : Wis DNR Email fishing update

George G
04-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi Everyone, just got an email from the Wis DNR "Fishing News UPdate", spring count surveys. They had several pictures from the Turtle showing some dandy Perch and Walley. Made my heart start thumping. I presume they did a survey this spring. Nice to see them paying attention to our dreamland.

Sing a long "Hey, Hey , the first of May (acutally the 2nd this year) fishing begins today". Have at everyone, that first fish fry is going to be great.

Joe271828
05-03-2009, 08:31 PM
By any chance do you know if they have the spring count survey information posted anywhere? I've been going nuts trying to find it and so far have only been getting information from like 1997 :confused:

Why do I want this? My father doesn't care for the flowage and I love it. I've had a couple days of fantastic fishing and then more than a couple of not so good fishing (and those were the days when I was with him). He prefers going to Pine lake for Smalleyes. So far the smallest walleye I've eaten from the flowage has been bigger than the largest from Pine and yet he still prefers pine. If I could atleast show him on paper that they're there, might help me get him out there with a little patience. ***note: Pine is also where I had broken the limit cause I didn't know the rules, but I guess the guy taking the count at the ramp didn't care because he never said anything ***