PDA

View Full Version : Muskies and Giant Walleye...Everywhere

muddywatersbowfishing
04-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Few nights of bowfishing were as exciting as last night. The high water had most areas looking like pea soup but we did manage to find back bays that remained clear as could be. In those back bays of 6-12" of water we ran into dozens upon dozens of huge walleyes feeding on the schools of bait fish. We saw a few that were well into the upper 20's. We again saw well over 12 muskies with the average size being much larger than last week. The largested was well over 45" and it was laying on a sandy shore in about 8-10" of water. I tried to turn around to get a picture but she wasn't in the mood. I will try my best to have the camera ready on the next outing. If the water remains good we should be able to provide all of you some great pictures of some giants. Take advantage of this cold spring and get back into the shallow bays before the weeds start to take over. You can see the sprouts starting to come up so I imagine after a warm spell the shallows will be covered once again. The walleyes are there, go get them! Thanks again to Ryan and Nate for their 10th outing with Muddywaters bowfishing.

Joel DeBoer
04-30-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm looking forward to scoring on some of those giant walleyes this weekend Nick! Give me a holler if you're able to take a break from bowfishing and want to hop in after dark. It should be interesting...

Tight lines,