PDA

View Full Version : When will the Hubilicous bait be released?

bill ramsey
04-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Can`t wait for the new Hubilicous swimbait.b

Mike Hulbert
04-28-2009, 07:30 AM
The baits are coming along very nicely. Before I come out with them I want to fish them for awhile just to make sure there are no issues with quality, which I highly doubt there will be. I don't know when I will be offering these baits for sale, but it will be a while yet. I don't want to come out with just another bait that has never caught a fish. I want to be able to say I caught "x" amount of fish on this lure, and "X" was the biggest. To many companies rush a bait out to the market and it has never been tested or caught a single musky. I'm refuse to go that route. I want to get at least half the season under my belt throwing it and catching fish on it before I sell them. Be patient. They will be worth the wait!!!!

Ty Sennett
04-29-2009, 07:39 AM
All these X's are confusing me. Maybe throw a "Y" in there somewhere.

What if you don't catch any on your new bait? You can advertise it as just a fun Peta friendly workout.

Mike Hulbert
04-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Wow Ty, your a real Funny Man aren't you!!!

Good point thought...I better get a few baits in the hands of some actual good musky fisherman instead of some idiot like me. That might help the chances of having them catch some fish. Do you know of any good musky guys Ty??? LOL :) You live in Hayward, so I'm sure you've got to know some just EXCELLENT musky fisheman up your way!!

And Bill, there is NO WAY the bait is going to be called Hubilicous.....and it concerns me a little that you came up with that one.

jhillman17
04-29-2009, 09:30 AM
I vote to call it the "Grave Digger"

pete_k
04-29-2009, 10:20 AM
B.A.M.F I can't top it

bill ramsey
04-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Hulbert created bait + Musky think it is delicious.Thats how you get Hubilicous.Mike its to late to change nameeverybody is already asking ,when is hubilicous coming out.Great bait Mike.b

muskihntr
05-03-2009, 08:19 PM
saw the bait in action today and it is very impressive! very nice action. this bait will be a hit no matter what you call it.

Mike Hulbert
05-04-2009, 11:20 AM
The bait definately looks pretty wicked in the water!!

It has put a few fish in the boat the past few days. No name yet...still thinking of something good. But I will guarentee it won't be the Hulbilicious....that makes me throw up a little bit. :)

Here is a pic of it for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

steven
05-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Mike,
I really like the look of that new bait. I think that bait is going to get some really nice fish on it!!!

Mike Hulbert
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks Steve-O!

The bait has already proven itself a few times and I am definately excited to fish it the rest of the year.

Right now we are working on a Floater and a SLOW sinker. I'll let you know when I get them all done. Maybe I'll let you rent one of my proto-types sometime!! ha ha ha ha!

Mike Hulbert
05-07-2009, 12:45 PM
The bait finally has a name...
While out fishing last night, racking my brain on what to call it...I finally came up with it....stay tuned!!!!

muskihntr
05-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Did you name it The Kuno?

mseybert
06-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Any update on the release of these?

Mike Hulbert
06-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Mike,

I will not be selling any of them anytime soon. I have the bait dialed in as far as action goes, but I am working on several different hook placements and methods of hanging the hooks. A select few and myself will be continuing to work on this bait until I feel it is as good as I can get it. I want to fish with this bait most of an entire season before I start selling any. I want it done right the first time with no issues. Be patient, they will be worth the wait!!!!

mseybert
06-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok, I will just wait patiently. I look forward to using them.