PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Perch

Don Pemble
04-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Back out on the water on Saturday after a long winter layoff, and found some decent perch action. Working the shallow wood ( 2 - 3 feet ) with slip bobbers and crawlers, my 2 clients and I had a pretty decent day of it. Working around various wood structure, stumps, sticks, and brush piles, we managed to boat 16 very nice perch along with a few smaller throwbacks, might mention that all the perch we caught were milking males. We also had our share of early season pike taking our crawlers which were released, next week end these same sized pike will be saved for pickling.

Will keep you updated on the perch action.

George G
04-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi Don, just great to see you alive and fishing once again. A breath of fresh air after a long winter. Did yo by chance go to any of the cribs at this time of year or is it just way to early because of spawning season. Thanks.

St Croix Kid
04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Don,
REALLY looking forward to fishing with you next Saturday. Been a long winter, my friend.
SteveO

Mark Benson
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Welcome back Don!!!

WTG SteveO!!! I am having withdrawals from IDO!!! Now I am having problems loading the hunting side. I know I am not making it up there next weekend, unless it is last minute decision and will be spending some time at Rollie and Helens on Fri night, Saturday and Sunday. Either working my store or fishing the rest of the weekend.

Mark

St Croix Kid
04-29-2009, 08:53 AM
yep, getting in Friday night. pizza at the deer bar. fishing with Don on Saturday. Fish fry saturday night. fishing on our own all day Sunday and back home on Monday. two days on the flowage. going to be awesome.