PDA

View Full Version : back to fishing!

SSMACNCHEESE
04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
I guess the cold windy weather has everyone off topic... Anyway I was wondeirng if anyone has been picking up any perch around the area. If so any size? I'm excited for some warmer weather and less wind ( I don't have a big water rig). Just wondering what there biting (if of coarse they are)
Thanks

Double Tap
04-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Tried trolling from 3:30-8:00pm tonight without a bite! Water 41 in the bay and 47 in the river and near the mouth. Trolled once up and down in the river and then spent most of the trip from the mouth to the marina in 8-15 FOW. Marker very few fish except right in the mouth. Warmer weather supposed to be coming-maybe that will help.

The Bait Shop Guy
04-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Made my first perch foray this evening. Launched out of Gladstone and fished in the narrows. Marked very few fish along the breaklines, but found LOTS of them out in the middle of the channel. I anchored up in 42 FOW, and almost instantly caught a huge 13 inch perch! "Oh man, they're going to crank!" WRONG! Fished for several more hours and only caught 1 more nice perch, and 6 small walleyes. Missed several bites, too. Water still has to warm up some. I only had 40 degrees on the surface, so I'm using that as my excuse for lack of activity. Caught fish on both minnows and wigglers.

I'd love to have a few like this for the derby on the 2nd.

wyldstallion906
04-24-2009, 12:06 AM
man that perch looks like it swallowed a baseball.. i wouldnt mind hooking into a few of them bad boys sometime...nice fish