PDA

View Full Version : Things Are Lookin Good ...

Mike P
04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Just returned for a week of work opening things up at Nirvana last week ,and was really lucky with several days of 60's for some beautiful weather. There was still some ice on the east side of the Bay by Vagabond's otherwise everything else was open. Walleyes were just coming in starting to stage for spawning ,with a few here and there in the water. Didn't see the DNR guys out in front of our place netting any spawners yet though , I guess a little early yet. The water levels are noticably, up from last year also . So things are lookin good for the opener in several weeks

JBovay
04-22-2009, 12:10 PM
The DNR were up that way all last week with their shocking boat going up the Whitefish and Rapid. Maybe you couldn't see them from your place. I know last year they did not net and take any eggs because of the VHS issue, so it may be that they didn't net this year either.

duckiller2
04-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Mike P.

Still have the boat you called about. Interested yet? Make me an offer

Mike P
04-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Kind of thought I saw theyre shocking boat now that you mention it up in the mouth across from us. last year they actually did net but only for observation of size etc. I guess you are right with VHS they dont want to take a chance importing it somewhere else. Too bad they didn't have the forethought before it came into the Lakes with ballast water like the other exotics .

PS Great Boat Im sure youll sell it Why not put it on here?