PDA

View Full Version : Trout success??

Red Childress
04-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Anyone bang on any big trout over the weekend??

The Allegheny River had more guys on it than I have ever seen for the first day. Usually, there are very few guys on there for the opener but lower than normal water flow made wading much easier.

muskie24/7
04-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Hey Red, Between my clients and myself we boated over 70 trout between 12 and 22 inches from Friday to Sunday! I went out on Friday before the opener and tried some different things! Needless to say, they worked really well and I ended up rebooking my guys for a June Smallmouth trip! It was a great day on the water with alot of laughs and alot of fish! These guys usually fished the small mountain streams, but after fighting these big trout in the river current I'm pretty sure they left as knowlegable river guys!:)! It was an AWSOME weekend!:D

Brian

Red Childress
04-20-2009, 10:43 AM
That was a heck of a weekend! Congrats.

RiverRunt
04-20-2009, 11:19 AM
muskie24, that is truly amazing. I didn't know the Yough was that good. I used to go there with my Dad, but that was probably 40 years ago. We used to fish right below the dam. I know it has changed a lot , but that is great. Do you float it from a drift boat?

Little35
04-20-2009, 12:09 PM
The West Newton and Smithton Sportsmans Clubs (among others) stock the Yough River with some really nice trout.

joel
04-20-2009, 03:13 PM
you also have south connellsville sportsmens club and perryopolis twp sportsmens club and a few smaller clubs that put in at least 1 load of trout in.the fish range from about 10'' to 30'' 8lb monsters! it is a really great river for trout, lived and fished it my whole life.

muskie24/7
04-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Fishing for Yough Trout for 35+ yrs. helps alittle too! I fished from my jet boat this weekend, but I wade sometimes too! The local sportsmans clubs do an AWSOME job stocking the river. My guide service donated a Brown, a Rainbow, and a Palomino Trout To the local club (Perryopolis Township Sportsmans) That had a combined weight of over 24 lbs.! :) All 3 of the Monsters are still swimming as far as I know! Somebodys gonna have a real battle on their hands with those babies! :D LOL The club is having kids day on May16! I donated a couple 10+ lb. palominos for the kids to tangle with too!

Brian

Little35
04-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Brian,
I was'nt implying that the stocked trout in the Yough are easy to catch. I was just commenting on how nice the fish are that the sportsmans clubs put into the Yough.

muskie24/7
04-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Little35, I never took it that way at all! If thats what it sounded like I appologize to you!

Brian