PDA

View Full Version : Just in Case Tackle boxes

nonohamer21
04-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Hey ty,

I last talked to you at the Milwaukee muskie expo and im kicking myself about not buying a product i saw there. Im wondering if you can help me out, there was a booth selling clear tackle boxes. They called themselves Just in Case tackle boxes as far as i know. I haven't been able to find them online and i have way to many sennett baits that need a new home. Just wondering if you know where i can find them?

Thanks ty,

Nolan Swinghamer (ty and ry stone's cousin)

jkahler
04-19-2009, 12:50 PM
One thing to remember, if you store bucktails in those clear boxes the colors will fade from the sun.

I have an old lexan box that isn't made anymore and it killed the color of most of my bucktails.

alonzo buck
04-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Not only the sun, but also any light in general will fade your lures. When I saw this product at the Minnesota/Concordia show I said to my buddy, “What idiot would keep his lures in a clear box”.

Ty Sennett
04-20-2009, 10:16 AM
That box is made really well but like the guys said it will fade not only bucktails but any painted lure also. Look at some of the tackle stores that have baits next to the window. Same problem.

nonohamer21
04-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the information guys, i appreciate it!

Ty Sennett
04-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Nolan, Look at some of the Lakewoods products also. I'm not trying to turn you away from the clear box but rather throwing all the products out there to look at.

nonohamer21
04-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Ty,

I already have a lakewood box and am very pleased with it. Only problem is that it is full. I noticed those Justincase boxes at the expo and didnt think about how the sun would beat right through them. I agree with you completely that lakewood is the way to go. Im thinking the muskie medium is the one that will best fit my needs. Which ones do you have?

Good luck fishing this year if i dont get to talk to you.

Thanks again,
Nolan

lil man tait
04-21-2009, 01:58 PM
sounds like someone needs to invent a small tackle box cover!! Or a small tackle box that isn't clear!! I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

tait

AWH
04-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Bob makes some great boxes. If you want a design slightly different than one he already has, he'll custom make it to your specs. As far as the fading of lures in these boxes, I had the same concern and asked Bob about that and got the following response. For what it's worth, he had guys field testing the boxes last year with many hours on the water and is always seeking feedback from these guys on how to improve them or if there's any issues. Again, this is what Bob told me.

Here is what Bob asked his field testers via email and the responses he got from the two that were on the water the most:

“I am getting a lot of questions as to how the box performed on the hot days of last summer especially as it relates to how hot it got inside and how it did with soft plastic baits like Matt makes or Bulldawgs. Some potential buyers are concerned with the heat in the box and if it will melt the soft plastic baits, fade the color of some lures, etc. I figure you guys would have mentioned something, but I wanted to ask again to see if you had any issues whatsoever last summer.”

---------------

It never melted any of my plastic baits. I did not see any fading on any of my lures . I do get fading for letting lures lay around the boat. It would have to get real hot to melt baits. A clear box with out a top would be great on the front deck to keep hooks out of the net and self. When I get my boat out of storeage I will look at the size and what I need you to custum biuld for me .

---------------

Schmitty,

I had zero problems. None of the concerns you raised were an issue for me, and I used the box all summer.. No color fading, no melting of rubber baits, etc. I don't hang wet lures in the box, they only get put back after they dry...regardless of which tackle box they get put back into.

----------------

Again, take the above for what it's worth. My thought is that if you're interested in the boxes but fading is a concern, it's easy enough to throw a towel or something over the box when you're casting or going at slower speeds. Simple enough to pull the towel off when you need to get in the box.

Aaron

Ty Sennett
04-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I suppose you could get those stick on sheets that you put over your rear windows in the car. Those are probably UV resistant.

As for what model lakewoods I use. I usuallly use the musky medium for bucktails and have a few others also. jerkbaits and Crankbaits stay under my back deck in a custom box.

Ty

alonzo buck
04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Towels, plastic U.V. sheets, you could cover them with tarps (being sarcastic here). Why not just go with the Lakewoods in the first place? I have yet to find a downside to them. Mine have been dropped, sat on, stepped on, etc. and they still look like new. That little job they make that goes under your buttseat is real handy.

justencase
05-01-2010, 07:52 PM
This is Bob Schmitt the owner of Just Encase Products and the maker of the clear tackle boxes. The information shared in the postings on the Just Encase clear tackle boxes is not accurate. It actually is the opposite. Go to my website at www.justencase.com and check out the PDF of the chart provided by the manufacturer of the polycarbonate (aka-Lexan) - Sheffield Plastics. The polycarbonate actually blocks the UV rays from entering the box so the baits will not fade. The UV rays reside at 0-385 nanometers in the light spectrum. The polycarbonate is opaque to the UV which means it blocks them from entering the box and thus they never get to the baits. To keep the box exterior good indefinitely I provide a bottle of Novus #1` with each box. All you need to do is hit with a coat of the polish once a year and you're good. This information was provided by the technical product manager for the manufacturer of the polish is in Savage, MN .

alonzo buck
05-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Let’s see…. I am done waxing my truck & car, my fishing boat & ski boat, my girlfriend’s car and the granite counter tops. OOOPs, I almost forgot to wax my tackle boxes. No thanks, and I’m not buying the super ray reducing lexon space-age wonder plastic sales pitch. I put High E, fade resistant windows in my log cabin and guess what… stuff still fades.

Indigoiguana
05-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Hey, doesn't Justin Case sell Safe Auto Insurance¿

How about using a can of Krylon on the box. That should keep the harmful rays of the sun out. While you're at it, paint yourself up so you don't get skin cancer.

MS

Ty Sennett
05-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks Bob. I just fished with Jason Hmmernick and loved his Justincase custom box you made him. That thing was really well made. Not that Jason or I weigh that much but it does make for a great casting deck for his boat. Really stable. Thanks for clearing up the fading issue with us. Really appreciate it.