PDA

View Full Version : How's the water conditions anybody been out?

Ifishtolive
04-18-2009, 06:25 PM
I was going to come up Wed. afternoon but thought I would check with the Cons. Office at Syracuse Tues. afternoon. They said the lakes were open, but you were responsible for your own wake. Not knowing what that meant for sure, I asked "What does that mean? She replied any property damage incurred by your wake you are responsible for! I'm thinking, why not tell me the water is too high, it would be best not to be on the lakes. That seems much more understandable. Obviously I did not come up, but was wondering if anyone's been out fishing? I went Summit Lake today to bass fish just to get out in the boat. Water was very clear and only about 49-51 deg., fishing sucked nothing is up yet. I'm hoping maybe to fish for muskies next weekend!!

P.S. Mike Thanks for offering a 9 footer that is one piece all the way that
has the proper action we need! It will be a nice addition to my Pro
Edge collection! Can't wait! If someone doesn't like it doen't buy it!

Buddy Ellenburg

Mike Hulbert
04-19-2009, 08:26 PM
The water is up just a little bit, but not crazy like it was a few weeks ago. Common sense should come into play with the lakes right now.

Water temps rose very quickly this weekend with the warm weather. Shallow water temps ranging from 62-58 degrees and main lake basins are anywhere from 52-57.

With the rain and cooler weather, the temps will be back down just as fast as they came up. Wednesday the shallows were 44-46 two days later on Friday the shallows were 58-62. Saturday they were up another degree or three. 12-15 degree jump in two days...wow...but thats just surface temps, very little penetration into the water column yet.....another messed up spring....3 years in a row.

crittergitter
04-21-2009, 11:27 AM
You could venture east to Ohio. Alum Creek has been on fire this spring. There have been over 100 fish logged onto ODNR MAL(catch recording system) so far this year. Many of those are sub-30" fish, but several have been dandies. In fact, I heard from a very reliable sourece that a particular musky guy within the ODNR caught and released a 36lber. Ceasar Creek lake has been producing nicely as well!