PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Spot #??+1

Frazier
04-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Alright, as long as were on easy spots, that just look great, check this mystery spot out. It may not compete with Esox Chaser's, but this one's my favorite --- also taken in late late fall.

Enjoy, and oh ya, you can guess the spot, but again Ty and Corey you might want to give the others a shot first.

--Frazier

Hooky
04-15-2009, 11:05 PM
is it Willow?

Jason L.
04-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Thats another great photo!

I saw a boat nail the spot the reeds are growing on a couple years back while camping on ***** island.

It didnt have reeds on it that year so they didnt know it was there.

Or it's a totally different spot. I dont know.

Cool pic though!

Hooky
04-16-2009, 12:58 AM
how about Jonny O's

Frazier
04-16-2009, 05:23 AM
WOW, I never realized how much this photo does look like willow, sitting in the "65 foot hole", looking northeast -- but it isn't. This picture is looking pretty much west.

I'll post another picture as soon as someone gets it from the exact same spot, at the exact same time, only this time, looking the opposite (east/southeast) direction. It will be extremely easy to get the spot then, but then you'll also be able to see what an absolute beautiful evening/night this was, and why I felt like I was in heaven and the Chip was all mine! -- especially because I was all alone.

God, I want to go back...
--Frazier

Ty Sennett
04-16-2009, 07:50 AM
I can not figure this one out:mad:

Snizz
04-16-2009, 08:47 AM
is petes off to the right looking from deerfoot with that lil island right there being the one that has that dudes mailbox on it?

muskymeyer
04-16-2009, 09:51 AM
If the direction is west I am stumped as well. Is the grass island an actual island or a mud bog?

Corey Meyer

muskymeyer
04-16-2009, 10:55 AM
The only guess I have at this point is Sterile Island, but this picture must be a few years old as there is no longer and grass sticking up. The picture is taken just west of campers island looking towards loon point. Neither of the islands look correct for this guess. I am pretty sure this is incorrect but it the only idea I have.

Corey Meyer

lil man tait
04-16-2009, 11:03 AM
the narrows area? picture towards the campground?

wild guess
tait

Jax
04-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Wow, this is a tough one! I really have no clue but here is my guess. You are looking west towards Tyner Lake (you are tucked back in that bay) looking accross the couple grass/reed patches (I am guessing early in the year since the grass/reeds aren't all the way up) that are at the entrance. The land point in the foreground is the point that has the Golden Eagle's nest on it. The land in the background is the south shoreline in Tyner......??? Just a guess, I really have no clue.

Esox Chaser
04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey Fraiz,

Were you sitting on the west end of Chipmunk looking at the south side if The Sisters?

RossL
04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Along the side of Horseshoe Island?

Frazier
04-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Ty - thought this one would be easy, when I post the other picture I mentioned in my above post, you'll know exactly where it is!

Snizz - incorrect

Corey - i'm pretty sure it's a bog that's normally not there, and your guess (west of campers looking towards loon point) is incorrect

lil man tait - i'm not sure which "narrows area" you mean?

The other picture will probably come later tonight, or tomorrow and you'll find it hard to believe that you can have a sunset like that, while at the same time in the exact same spot, at the exact same time, the moon is just rising.

God, I still want to go back.....
--Frazier

muskymeyer
04-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Are you at the Weiner Island campsite looking west towards creeper island? With the grass being the grassy knowl?

Corey Meyer

Ty Sennett
04-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Good guess Corey. In between Hay Creek Narrows and Weiner looking toward the compground? That patch of whatever that is, is throwing me off.

lil man tait
04-16-2009, 03:31 PM
"the narrows area? picture towards the campground?
wild guess
tait"

I was meaning the Hay Creek Narrows by Creeper Island. (like Ty and Corey said)

tait

Frazier
04-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Way to go guys, you've got it! Now take a look at what was right behind me in the previous picture. Did I die and go to heaven or what?

Enjoy.
--Frazier

Esox Chaser
04-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Sunset/moonrise!!!
"GET THE NET!!!!!"

Great Pic's, Fraiz!

Ty Sennett
04-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Good job Corey and Tait. Cool pics.

muskymeyer
04-20-2009, 02:35 PM