PDA

View Full Version : Bag Limit

connor
04-14-2009, 03:13 PM
The bag limit on Walleye has been officially set at 3 once again. Per DNR web site.
http://dnr.wi.gov/news/DNRNews_article_Lookup.asp?id=1049

George
04-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Here's the Iron County walleye bag limits by lake...

IRON COUNTY
Echo 2
Fisher 2
Gile Flowage 3
Lake of the Falls 2
Long 2
Pine 2
Spider 2
Trude 2
Turtle-Flambeau Flowage 3

Joe271828
04-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Am I the only one who finds posting rules and them changing them shortly after annoying?
It's like here's the rules and then if your not up on tracking down changes to the rules, you have no clue what the limit is until your at the ramp... and then, only if you look at the map sign (which I didn't do for most of last year and was breaking the rules while still trying to follow them.)

Season isn't even open yet and they have already changed the rules.

So here's a question, are we to expect another revision to the revision? Then to find out what the limit is, you look at the book, then check for changes in the revision, the check the revision of the revision?

I don't see it as that big of a thing to come up with the rules before you print the booklet.

NOTE: I didn't break the rules at TFF, actually broke them at little pine lake where there was a guy counting the fish (and we were over the revised limit), and he didn't even tell us. Just gave us a pamplet about some results that I don't even recall reading after measuring the fish.

Mark Benson
04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Joe:

Just a part of life up here!!! The Natives wait to make their quota adjustments until March, then the DNR revises and then the Natives spear and then the DNR revises and then we should be set. It is a sucky deal, but its the deal we have.

Mark

George
04-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Here's what I just got off the DNR website. It lists the last revised date as March 9th.

IRON COUNTY
Echo 3
Fisher 5
Gile Flowage 3
Lake of the Falls 3
Long 5
Pine 3
Spider 3
Trude 2
Turtle-Flambeau Flowage 3

Mark Benson
04-28-2009, 10:17 AM
George:

Thanks for those updates!!! I think that there is one more revision that comes out before Memorial Day after the spearing numbers are in.

Mark

Joe271828
05-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Actually, it makes sense now that I know why they have to change it.
I was just mad at myself for breaking the rules when I thought I was following em. Easy enough just to look at the sign at the ramp for the most up to date info with pretty much no hassle.
Now with opening day tomorrow, I can't sleep... who said fishing was relaxing?

Joe