PDA

View Full Version : Trav wins ice out game

Ty Sennett
04-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Trav, you are the grand prize winner of one of Corey's flap tails and a bait of choice from me. Call me to let me know where to ship. Congrats! Good to see open water.

Trav
04-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Sweet. My pre-season's been made.

I'm thinking a large pacemaker, but before I decide, I'm open to anyone's suggestions on the pacemaker or other Sennett lures.

I got a small black pacemaker this winter and have a wood one in I believe what was called "Bullhead" (black top, yellow/black lace underside) that looks a lot like the walleye now. So I'm thinking the large, black with orange or green tail. I fish mainly the 2 flowages (Chip and TFF) and other stained Iron county lakes and then some down home here (Madison chain, Pewaukee, Okauchee). So if anyone has any suggestions on what they have had luck with on these lakes or similar, I'm open to them.

Ty, I'll give you a call this week to let you know.

Thanks man. Not every guide, or even large businesses for that matter, would just run a free contest for the fun of it and pay out of their own pocket.

I just wish 1:35 odds would translate over to 1:165,000,000 or whatever the retirement ticket runs at.

Trav

JerryL
04-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Trav, congrats on you guess. It is pretty hard to go wrong with the large all black pacemaker or one with orange or green tail seen several fish explode on all three colors on the chip. good luck in your choice:)

Nick L
04-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Trav, congrats on the big win. Your hours spent studying the farmer's almanac have finally paid off. If I was you, I would ask Ty if he could make up a Rumbler (or something as close as possible), preferably in red or pink of course. I've heard they're outstanding on the Chip and very durable.

But, on a more serious note, as an unbiased, impartial, and completely objective observer, I think Ty should forgo the free lure (and all the hard work trying to get it into your hands) and instead opt to take you and an unbiased, impartial, and completely objective fishing buddy out on the Chip for a relaxing few hours of fishing. That just sounds so much easier and enjoyable then trying to send a Rumbler half way across the state or trying to coordinate schedules to pick one up (I mean what a headache).

Just my two cents. Trying to be a problem solver here.

Trav
04-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Ty,

Ignore my vertically challenged friend here. I think he's referring to a couple of years ago when you dropped us off after a day on the water and a buddy of ours just getting into musky fishing wanted to ask you about his new lures he bought in town. We didn't catch any fish that day, but you still made my day when you told him that "No, pink and red are not very good on the Chip" and "Those Rumblers were a hit at the shows, but..." and then demonstrated their submarine action for a topwater. He was devestated thinking he blew his purchases.

Anyway...

I'll go with the black and orange, and will try to call tomorrow to get something set up.

Thanks again.

Trav

alonzo buck
04-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Trav, tell your friend not to be to devastated, as we have boated 5 from the mid to upper 40’s (largest 48.5) on Rumblers and we don’t particularly throw them a lot. We have also boated several lower 40's and shorties on them.

Ty Sennett
04-15-2009, 07:29 AM
I remember ripping on your buddy all too well. He was so proud of that Rumbler. Alonzobuck seems to catch a few on them though. Just imagine how many he would catch with a good bait. Sorry Alonzo, couldn't resist.

The large black/green belly is a good choice or if you want a custom one I have a sucker pattern that will work on the waters you mentioned.

alonzo buck
04-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Ty, I throw a good surface lure a lot. I have an old green/lace wood pacemaker that I have boated more skis’ with than any other surface lure. You can hardly tell what color it is anymore, but it is still my favorite surface lure. I need an upper 40 on it though.

Ty Sennett
04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I was just joking anyway. Hopefully this year is your year for that big Pacemaker fish. If not..........back to the Rumbler.

lil man tait
04-15-2009, 02:07 PM
.......back to the Rumbler.

like a dog going back to his own vomit:p

couldn't resist.
Good luck this year everyone.
tait

Snizz
04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
like a dog going back to his own vomit:p

Gross...there will be no picture of that...

...or will there muuuuuahahahahahahahaha!