PDA

View Full Version : Here's A Class "A" Jerk..............

Frank Walsh
04-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Posted March 17, 2009

Marshfield man sentenced for killing deer with boat

By Jake Miller
Marshfield News-Herald

A 56-year-old Marshfield man will serve jail time for running over a swimming deer with a power boat while hunting in Ontario, according to Canada's Ministry of Natural Resources.

Under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, Philip Borofka was sentenced earlier this month to 10 days in Canadian jail, ordered to pay an $11,000 fine and suspended from hunting in Ontario for seven years, according to the Ontario Court of Justice.

Borofka was part of a six-man hunting party that forced deer from an island in the Cochrane Island area of Lake of the Woods on Oct. 20, 2008, a news release said.

He shot at the swimming deer from the boat. After missing, he ran it over, mortally wounding it with the engine's propeller, said Matt Brooks, a conservation officer in the Kenora District of Northwestern Ontario.

Conservation officers witnessed the killing through the use of surveillance.

Brooks said he hasn't witnessed or heard about any similar incidents during eight years of working in the district. He said shooting at animals from a boat is a problem, but "running them over? No."

"It's, of course, a disgusting display," Brooks said, "and our concern is it's putting hunters in a bad light with this type of behavior, which is not typical."

Brooks said if Borofka does not return to Canada to serve 10 days in jail, the Ontario Court of Justice will issue an arrest warrant. A letter was sent to Borofka, but Brooks said it's unclear how much time he'll have to serve his sentence before a warrant is ordered.

The $11,000 fine includes $6,000 for mortally wounding a deer with a power boat, $1,500 for shooting a deer from a power boat and $3,500 for shooting a swimming deer.

Borofka's firearm and the boat, owned by a third party, will not be returned until he pays the fines, Brooks said.

Borofka was not present at the trial, and a "not guilty" plea was entered on his behalf.

A phone message left with Borofka was not immediately returned to the Marshfield News-Herald.

dpear
04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Amen.You guys in Wisconsin can hopefully publicize this more-and run him over if you see him on the water.:mad:

Frank Walsh
04-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Not only degrades hunters, but humans everywhere. What a looser.

rockpt
04-11-2009, 01:40 PM
There are some sick mf'ers in the world.

This guy make me feel a little better.

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 1:31 p.m. CT, Thurs., April 9, 2009
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A highly decorated Navy SEAL who found his beloved yellow Labrador retriever shot dead outside his home helped capture the alleged gunmen following a high-speed chase through three counties.

Marcus Luttrell stayed on the line with a 911 operator as he tried to catch the fleeing suspects during the 40-mile chase that reached speeds of over 100 mph.

"I told them, 'You need to get somebody out here because if I catch them I'm going to kill them,'" Luttrell said he told the operator, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Police stopped the three suspects and charged two men with cruelty to a non-livestock animal. The driver of the vehicle was cited for not having a license.

There are at least five area dog killings in recent months that could be linked to the case, said Texas Ranger Steven Jeter.

Lone survivor of Taliban attack
Luttrell was awarded the Navy Cross for combat heroism in 2006. He is the lone SEAL team member to survive a June 2005 firefight with the Taliban in Afghanistan and was given a puppy to help him heal after he returned from the war. He named it Dasy as an acronym for his SEAL team members lost in that battle.

Luttrell told the Houston Chronicle on Wednesday that he had heard a gunshot on the night of April 1, checked on his mom inside the house and then went outside where he saw Dasy.

"I could tell she tried to get away because there was a blood trail," Luttrell said. "When I saw she was dead, the only thing that popped into my head was, 'I’ve got to take these guys out.'"

Luttrell was recovering from surgery, but when he spotted a suspicious car parked nearby, he crawled under a fence and snuck up on the strangers, aiming a 9mm pistol at them from about 25 yards away.

He didn't fire, however, and as the car left, he ran to his pickup and launched the high-speed chase. His pickup couldn't keep up with the car, but police eventually stopped the suspects.

Luttrell said he confronted the men. "I was like, 'Which one of you guys killed my dog?'" he said. "They started talking smack."

"I did everything right; I didn’t do anything wrong," he said. "Make sure everyone knows they cold-bloodily murdered."

"Marcus is trained to do certain things; he fell back on his training," Jeter, the Texas Ranger, said, adding, "I wouldn’t advocate to the general public to do what he has done — to follow them at that rate of speed."

In his phone interview, Luttrell said he had left his Huntsville home and was in "the middle of nowhere."

He added that Dasy's killing was a huge setback in his life.

"I was trying to talk myself out of being who I am," he told the Chronicle. "Talking to myself about not doing the one thing I am good at."

Frank Walsh
04-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Glen Beck has been following that one. Beyond comprehension. Too bad the police got involved.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6365427.html

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/23791/

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6753738

Jono
04-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Too many WI jackoff stories like that one this past winter. We had two incidents of snowmobilers killing a ton of ducks and another one where deer were run down. Last fall, "thrill kills" teenagers out shooting whatever. Can't tell you how angry that makes me....you wonder how idiot PETA people get any traction? here's your answer.

Jono

Bucktail54455
04-14-2009, 10:44 AM
There have been too many Yahoo incidents this year for some reason down here in WI. But then again none of this activity is indicitive in any way to the mass numbers of hunters and fishermen from this state. These stories are sickening, and make me wonder what kind of supposed sportsmen these people are.

Frank Walsh
04-14-2009, 11:21 AM
I imagine a good part of the problem is the now 24/7 instant news. There is nothing that happens anymore that does not get attention. I imagine a lot of this was swept under the rug in the past.

However, we certainly are seeing a new level of sickos out there. With the now almost weekly mass shootings.

Jono
04-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Here's another beauty. This time from MN....

Deer Torture Brings Felony Charges Against Three Minnesota Teens

Posted: 8:32 AM Apr 20, 2009
Last Updated: 8:32 AM Apr 20, 2009

Three teenagers are facing felony charges in Nicollet County after they allegedly killed a deer with a baseball bat and a screwdriver, then grilled up chunks of meat from the animal.

Authorities say the three high school students from the Twin Cities metro area were staying at a family cabin on Swan Lake on March 19. Officers responding to a complaint about a loud muffler found a pickup truck and one of the teens covered in blood.

According to a criminal complaint, the teens told police they accidentally hit the deer with the truck but didn't kill it. They said one of them tried to choke the deer, but when that didn't work they beat it with a bat and stabbed it with a screwdriver.

But a Department of Natural Resources investigator inspected the scene and said there was no indication the deer was hit by a truck.

Frank Walsh
04-26-2009, 12:58 PM
The plot thickens:

By: Brad Dokken, Grand Forks Herald

A Grand Forks man has lost his hunting privileges for two years and must pay $250 in restitution after a photo on the Internet showed him kneeling beside a live deer with a snowmobile atop the animal’s body.

Steven Bonderud, 21, also received a 10-day suspended jail sentence and was ordered to pay $225 in court costs for harassing wildlife. The court placed him on one year of unsupervised probation.

Bonderud was cited March 5 after Gary Rankin, a warden for the Game and Fish Department in Larimore, N.D., received an anonymous tip about the photo, which appeared on Bonderud’s private Facebook site.

A person connected with the Game and Fish Department later gained access to the photo on the site.

During an interview with Rankin, Bonderud told the warden he had hit the deer while riding snowmobile near Manvel, N.D., court records show. He said the deer had suffered a broken leg and that he circled back about 25 yards off the trail before running his snowmobile onto the animal.

According to an incident report, Bonderud said he’d tried to kill the deer to end its suffering but the animal got away and walked into some trees. While investigating the claim, Rankin reported he couldn’t find any evidence of the incident Bonderud described.

Rankin also interviewed a couple of other snowmobilers who were with Bonderud on the ride. One, who was leading the pack, said he didn’t see the deer incident but another admitted he and Bonderud had run over rabbits on the trail, as well.

Bonderud also admitted he’d run over a rabbit, court records show, telling Rankin he didn’t want to slow down and risk being thrown from the snowmobile.

Harassing wildlife with a motor vehicle is a Class B misdemeanor.