PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Easter Weekend

BeaverCountyMusky
04-07-2009, 10:41 PM
I was just curious as to what the fishing looks like for this weekend up there? I'm leaving Thursday to come up and will be staying in Warren. Most likely I'll be fishing Friday and Saturday from shore. I was thinking of starting on the opposite side of the boat launch at the dam and working my way down. Any thoughts? Also how much snow did you all get, so I know how to pack...haha...

Red Childress
04-08-2009, 07:36 AM
We got a couple of inches but it will be gone by the end of today. The water has risen somewhat and is running about 5-8 inches higher than summer outflow.

The area along the boat launch side of the tailrace is some very good water. As for accessing the river by foot, be sure to stretch all muscles very well before attempting. You might find yourself rolling to the bottom down those steep mountains. There are very few places to access the river between Warren and the Dam without breaking a serious sweat. Accessing musky locations will be even tougher. The tailrace section is a great place to hit muskies, walleye and trout.

Weather will be in the 40's the next few days with lows in the 20's.

Good luck!