PDA

View Full Version : where are some boat launches on the upper and middle allegheny river?

joel
04-04-2009, 03:32 PM
just looking for boat launches on the allegheny river to fish decent stretches of water. been to the 1 at kinzua and tidiute and also franklin. any info wld help as i dont fish the allegheny often because of the distance,but would like to learn new areas to take mini vacations. thanks joel

Red Childress
04-05-2009, 06:24 AM
There is a launch in the Starbrick area as well 2 small boat launches within the city limits.....There is also one called Bonnie Brae a few miles North of Tidioute but will only be useful if the water is up somewhat due to extreme silt deposits.

There should be one in the Tionesta area but I have used it.

JShafish
04-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Their is a launch Tionesta, Tionesta Sand & Gravel Island behind the Midtown motel, look for the light house. Somehwhat limited where you can go unless you have a jet, riffles norh & south of launch. If you go south stay to the left may get a little further down but then you run into more riffles.
Also a launch by the fish hatchery, very shalow, canoes mostly.

joel
04-06-2009, 07:58 AM
thanks for the info.

Red Childress
04-07-2009, 01:15 PM
There is suppose to be a refurbished launch somewhere along the NY/PA (Upper Allegheny) border but I forgot where it is or the name of it.......