PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing News for PA Musky Fisherman!!!

Red Childress
03-31-2009, 05:55 PM
I got a disturbing email from a friend in Harrisburg today pertaining to the legality of certain types tackle used for catching muskies. It appears the powers-to-be are drafting a special regulation regarding in-line and safety pin spinner baits. According to my source, PA will outlaw any DOUBLE BLADED SPINNER-TYPE BAIT with blades larger than a #5 Colorado. The reason for this legislation is (and I quote) "it gives an unfair advantage to fisherpeople pursuing the elusive muskellunge". From the sounds of it, there have been too many trophy muskies caught in the Commonwealth over the past 5 years that have died as a result of these baits. According to my souce, "The delayed mortality of brood-stock muskies being caught has reached levels that have not been seen since single hook sucker rigs were popularized in the late-70's and early-80's."

If this new law is implemented, it will supposedly take effect at the beginning of the next fiscal year which will be July 1, 2009.

I am not sure how this can happen but I hope to have more information on this tomorrow. My source is calling a "friend" of his from the PFBC. So what is next, outlawing braided line and forcing us to use yarn or dental floss?? This is incredible.

stevewarner
03-31-2009, 06:20 PM
little early for an April fools joke ain't it Red.

Red Childress
04-01-2009, 05:35 AM
I thought the best way to pull this off was too start this joke the evening before to make it look more authentic......I guess my plot has been foiled!

Larry Jones
04-01-2009, 07:38 AM
No more Jet Motors Allowed,only Oars can be used,only the Guide can Row the boat and Row Trolling must be upstream only!

Red Childress
04-01-2009, 07:56 AM
I would quit and move to the Niagara!