PDA

View Full Version : Water temps in the Franklin area

Red Childress
03-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Does anyone know what the river temps are in the Franklin/Oil City area??

R Findlan
03-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Red,
Over the weekend they were at 42 degrees. On Monday afternoon in the shallows the water was 50 degrees but this was in slack water, still 43 degrees where there was more current.

Reed

Red Childress
03-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks, Reed.

We are about 5-6 degrees behind you for now.....A few warm rains and things should start to pop.

R Findlan
03-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Things have been really slow here. I've been out 12 times out of the last 13 days and have only caught 3 muskie, all small 33, 34, and 37. I had to take last night off but it is starting to rain right now so I'll be out for sure tonight. I've got a couple of the new Jimmys by musky innovations to try out.

Reed

Red Childress
03-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Speaking of the Jimmy's, did you see the Musky Innovations guy (Brad) fishing last months episode of Musky Hunter??

He was getting most of the action from the back of the boat using the Jimmy. I have not bought one yet. How much do they cost??

Good luck tonite!

Remember......you are in PA now, not LOTW!! :)

R Findlan
03-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Red,
I did see that musky hunter episode which was probably one of the main reasons I ended up buying the Jimmy. I got mine from muskytackleonline.com, they were special ordered, but I think he is out of stock currently. I got them for $17.49 I think. I've also been making harnesses for Red October tubes so they run shallower like on Greg Thomas's new video. They work really well, I got the 37" last Friday on one. You are right I'm not at LOTW unfortunately, but I still expect to catch a musky every time out :)

Reed

Red Childress
03-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Are you talking about Gregg's rigging of the tubes by moving the weight to the middle of the bait along with an extra treble on the head of the bait??

My partner and I have come up with a tube insert weight system that will allow for weedless rigging while using the monster tubes. This rigging system will have 2 trebles hook along with a "weighted head" for chucking them in the "Chautauqua Slop" or "jigging and pigging" muskies in weed pockets. After we meet with Joe Renosky in April or May, we might be doing a joint venture with him and producing them in the future.

R Findlan
03-26-2009, 10:01 AM
That's the rig I'm talking about. It really seems to work well. I used the Jimmy last night with no luck but it did look really good. It has a real nice glide to it and can be fished shallow or deep. It is also a very big target in the water.