PDA

View Full Version : No Ill Fishing

Pan Fish
03-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey Rfrg , Well The ice has been gone for two week's now and open water fishing is starting to get cranked up in full swing , Lake temp's are in mid to upper 40's with 50 in shallow mud flat area's. Crappie & bluegill / perch fishing has been pretty good ! using small minnow's and waxies in 5 to 12 fow. Bass have been hitting on golden roaches or large fat head's and shallow running crank or twitch bait's , Too early for spinner bait's yet. Some bass are loaded with spawn so were not keeping any fish, it's all catch an release right now. Northern's have been active an will hit anything that's availlable , Still having a problem locating the walleye, I have'nt found they're hiding spot yet ! But they are active in the current area's and up by the Mc Henry Dam and Bridge embankment's on the fox river & chain . Well that's pretty much it in a nut shell , Hope everyone's getting spring fever i know i have . But i still have to go up to northern Wis for late ice season still , I love late ice fishing in late march and april up north . Good Luck an tight line's to everyone Pan Fish

Pete Stoltman
03-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the report. You're making me jealous. If you want to hit "late ice" up here you'd better not put it off too terribly long. Ice is taking a beating from wind, rain, and above freezing temps. Still ok for now but could get dicey soon.