PDA

View Full Version : Cribs

REB
03-21-2009, 10:10 AM
If the weather holds the DNR plans on stuffing the 22 cribs by Pine Island in the Horseshoe on Monday morning 3/23/09. If you can make it see you there.

BlueRanger
03-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Here's a picture of them, in case anybody is curious about what they look like. Sorry if it's a little fuzzy, I took it from a mile away with a long zoom. Too bad the work day wasn't announced a little sooner, it would have been fun to take the day off and stay up there to help out.

Elsewhere around the northwoods, snowmobiling is over, even up in the Ironwood/Hurley area, and the ski hills started turning mushy by Saturday afternoon. I ran up to Black River Falls hoping to catch some cohos, but there's still at least half a mile of ice along shore, despite strong south winds most of the weekend. Most of the rivers are open, and lakes further south along Hwy. 8, like Turtle and Deer, were starting to get some water around the edges. The St. Croix was partially open around the I94 bridge this afternoon, and it looked like a few boats were launching at Hudson. I guess it's time to clean out the garage and make room for the boat to come home for a few weeks.

REB
03-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Cribs have been rescheduled for Thurs. 03/26/09 because of weather.