PDA

View Full Version : NCAA basketball bracketology

Ty Sennett
03-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Who'd you pick?

I went with Louisville to win it. I also stayed true to the midwest with Wisconsin and Illinois to win a few.

Ryan M
03-19-2009, 09:16 AM
I am far from a basketball authority but I went with N. Carolina beating Wake Forrest in the Championship. I didn't give the Big Ten much respect this time around.

Snizz
03-19-2009, 09:21 AM
in my main I have Memphis over Pitt in the final...I think i gave WI 1 win...I think Purdue will win 2 and if they play UCOnn i hope they make the elite 8...

Illinois has 1 win in them if any...I have MSU playin Louisville and losing

Chuck Schranz
03-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Went with North Carolina beating Louisville for all the marbles.

Don't have Wisconsin or Illinois making it out of the first round. Got Michigan State going to the Elite Eight and Purdue making the Sweet Sixteen.

Big East has a lot of fire power this year and any of a number of teams could take it all...Look out for Memphis

Chuck

Trav
03-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Louisville over Pitt in the final. Had a lot of Big East teams doing well.

Lawson's toe scares me, but NC still Final Four with Memphis the final one. 3 number ones, boring, but thats why their #1.

Only Big 10 team doing well in mine is Purdue with Elite 8.

trav

Ty Sennett
03-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I picked Wisconsin to win two games. I know they have no offense but the old saying "the best offense is a good defense" might help me out.

lil man tait
03-19-2009, 05:04 PM
I pick Oklahoma winning it all!!! Blake Griffin got hosed in the big 12 tourney(foul called with 3 seconds left). They win over Wake Forest. Uconn and Pitt round out my final four. Only teams out of the big 10 to win games: Mich st. 2 and Purdue 1.

T$$

Ty Sennett
03-19-2009, 05:19 PM
You can't pick Purdue winning after they won. Just like growing up with you, you have to cheat to win! Can't take you anywhere!

Ray Perry
03-19-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm going with Connecticut to win it all. After all the closest anyone came to them this year was 10 points. I am also going with UWGB winning at least one game.

We are talking about the WNCAA brackets?

Ray

AWH
03-19-2009, 07:54 PM
I only filled out one bracket and have North Carolina over Louisville in the championship game. Also heard them going over some stats on Mike and Mike on ESPN. Going over 8 different stats that every champ over the last 20 years has met, Louisville and North Carolina were the only two teams that met that criteria. Of course it's easy for me to say now. But I DID fill out my bracket before I heard that!

Aaron

Ty Sennett
03-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Sorry Ray, I should have made my post a little more specific. This is the mens NCAA.

Still a good pick either way.

RobertTB
03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Ok, so I'm a Johnny Come Lately. Sorry 'bout that.

I would have taken N. Carolina from the git-go, but Jodi and I went down to KC and watched the first & second round.

Oklahoma looked impressive. That giant kid..number 23, what's his name ? Monster of a dude, blows thru the double team, plays with a bloody swab up his nose...Griffin ! That's it. Blake. He's got a bro playing too, and he ain't shabby.

Anyway, I think it'll come down to those two teams. NC and OK. I absolutely hate to pick NC, but I will stick with them. Too bad they are on the same side of the bracket, silly Robert.

So, one of 'em will have to play my favorite, Kansas. (It's an emotional thing.)Tiff would smile.

RobertTB
03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
We stopped at this GIANT sporting goods store in Iowa City. I mean it was huge, bigger than that kid Griffin. All kinds of stuff.

They even had Sennett lures on the shelf ! I think there was 3 pacemakers, and a stillwater. Cool. The rest was all sold out. More cool. I ran around tellin' the sales people that I taut Ty everything he knows about fishing.

Some big security dude took me out the door. I guess standing on the railing chanting, "Sen Net, Sen Net, Sen Net" was not considered appropriate behavior. Jodi didn't say much to me on the rest of the ride home. I don't know what happened there. Hmmm. Women.

Some folks just don't have a true understanding of passion.

Ty Sennett
03-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Sometimes I wonder how you don't get locked up for going out in public.

I do agree that Blake is one bad dude. He can't be stopped.

UNC? You're starting to sound like my dad. That's his pick. I went with Louisville. Every team is really good this year though. Makes it a little more fun to watch. I picked Marquette to win also. They should have won. Ah well.