PDA

View Full Version : Almost glad it's over!

slammer
03-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Just got in from my last hard water walleye trip of the season and I don't know why I thought today would be any different than the rest of the season. Lots of lookers and no takers. What gives. 2-northerns and a couple decent perch though. Did meet some nice guys from Fondulac and Waupon Wi. that were nice enough to lend me an extra sucker and just as they were packing it up they had a flag at 12:15 . Made their trip with a 31" 10.5-11 pounder. Lots of hootin and hollerin. Nice to see pigs like that. He was going to release it but his buddys talked him in to putting it on the wall. Would not have survived anyway. Congrats. Spent the last hour just off the kippling launch watching them pull that truck out . You should have seen the water pour out of that thing when they opened the door. Could have been worse, could have been me. The guy that caught the big eye today said that truck was only 30-40 yards in front of them when they came off last night and they got lucky they didn't go in too. The landing is starting to suck real bad so access will be the biggest problem in the near future. Be safe.
Slammer!!!!!!

jigrapper
03-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Well it's finally over. Really great having these 2 extra weeks to fish. What a season it was. Great ice all winter! BUT.... numerous cold fronts and tough fishing. Never had so many "lookers" and I don't believe I have ever caught so many young (small) walleye.

Going to take on the perch now as long as the ice is good. Maybe sneak some "whitefishin in too"

Thanks to all you guys for sharing information on your posts!