PDA

View Full Version : Kipling - ice conditions

packrat
03-15-2009, 05:35 AM
KIpling - ice around Butlers island getting real bad small heave on east side of island at north end is where 1 truck went through sat. afternoon only rear axle lucky they were able to pull him out with a strap. If you got a shack out at Kipling you may want to get it off SOON!! ramp is getting very rutted as temps are forecasted to be in the 40's the next few days. Parking lot looks like a used ice shack dealership may want to bring the trailer to.

Sunday: first truck thru sat. afternoon got out by about 7:00 pm truck #2 just about in same hole goes thru a little after 9:00 pm saturday night. If you have a shack at Kipling YOU MAY WANT TO GET IT OFF " SOON " weather calls for 50 degrees for monday!! And the launch was seeing a lot of traffic this morning.One other note when I left they were still working on getting out #2 truck and I am not sure if the hole cut to get the truck out will be marked in any way. It is about 10 ft. wide and about 40 ft. long. BE CAREFUL as not only is there an open hole but the ice around it is bad.

Walleye Quinn
03-15-2009, 10:41 AM
One more truck throu the ice north end of the Butlers island up to the windows. not good.

pinnowc
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Anybody get pictures of the truck that went thru. I was up there and heard about it, but didn't see it for myself. We went off by the Days River and it was bad....was a little greasy. I dumped all (4) tires thru in a rut just off shore at the yellow gate landing south of Days River on Saturday morning, because I drifted a little too far north. Good thing we always bring tow straps and (2) vehicles...

Wally Eye (aka Sassa Frass)