PDA

View Full Version : Stir Crazy!!!!

Ty Sennett
03-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Anyone else a little stir crazy to get out on the water this spring? I've taken apart all my tackle boxes and organized everything to the max. I've never been so organized. That will all change in the first hour of walleye fishing when I start throwin' everything I've arranged back in the wrong spots. Oh well.

Ryan M
03-12-2009, 09:18 AM
I am going crazy. I have been making bucktails all winter and I'm dying to get them wet. I did sneak down to some open water by a power plant a couple weeks ago to cast some of them. That just made it worse.

Changing the clocks ahead always does it to me too. It wont be long before I'm catching crappies, then bass, then.....

muskymeyer
03-12-2009, 10:04 AM
All hope is lost for me. Due to my sons confirmation (opening weekend of walleye), first communion (following weekend), and the girls dance program the third weekend of May I will not be on the flowage until the muskie opener and will need to take a half day of vacation the 22nd of May to get the trailer opened for the year. Then the weekend after the musky opener we have a graduation to go to.

It is not looking good for "water time" this spring.

Corey Meyer

Chuck Schranz
03-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Ditto for me...Have a wedding on Saturday, May 23rd and will miss opening day for the first time since I can remember. Hopefully I'll be up in early June for an extended weekend.

Fishing the FRV spring event on the Fox Chain April 25th. At least I'll get some baits wet but...not the same as being on The Chip.

For all you up north..only 72 more days!

Chuck

MuskyManiac
03-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm recovering from left hand Carpul(?) tunnel Surgery. We had 55 degree weather last weekend and all of the Illinois Lakes have open water! I am shooting for 3/28 to get my boat out on the Fox Chain. Getting the boat ready next week, it's 16 degrees outside right now.

Musky Chuck
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Definitely going stir crazy, my wife gave me $100 to spend on musky stuff for my b-day, so I'll be doing some shopping. Saw Bob Meisikomer seminar in Green Bay last week end. Booked a trip with Ty in July. All this just adds to the fever!! Thermometer says 9 degrees outside.

releaseher
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
glad to hear i'm not the only 'psycho' (as my girlfriend calls me).

organizing tackle, re-reading magazine articles, watching videos...the other night at cabela's, i spent over an hour in the tackle aisles, i am sure the employees were thinking i was up to something.

YIKES it could be a long couple of months.

Snizz
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
the other night at cabela's, i spent over an hour in the tackle aisles, i am sure the employees were thinking i was up to something.

LOL...that is funny stuff...lost in an oblivion of muskie lures and thought...

http://www.insideretailing.com.au/Portals/0/Category_Images/Design/2007/aisle-med.jpg

jkahler
03-13-2009, 12:05 AM
I sharpened some hooks, stripped and repainted a Suick...I'm not ready at all, still need new line, a new battery charger, boat motor oil. I have a while to wait yet.

CRAPPIANO
03-13-2009, 01:37 AM
As Christopher Walkin would say,,,, "I think,, I got a fever! And the only perscription, is MORE COWBELL!!" Snizz, I think we need a pic for this one. I can't post it cuz I'm @ work.

Watching muskie vids on a 65" rear projection HDTV is almost like bein in the boot > (canadian for 'boat') !! Those darn fish look EUGE! :eek:

Snizz
03-13-2009, 09:04 AM
http://ownedirl.com/misc/Needs-More-Cowbell.jpg

dfkiii
03-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Man, I've got the fever.

On the train to work everybody is cranking out emails on their crackberry. I'm watching episodes of Musky Hunter on my iPod while mine sits idle. The emails can wait, Saric and Petros have another one hooked up !

Snizz
03-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Nice...mobile media is fun isn't it...oh and if any of you are around here...pick up some meat for me

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/41199767.html

http://media.journalinteractive.com/images/meatwreck.jpg

dfkiii
03-13-2009, 03:01 PM
All that free sausage won't last long in Sheboygan County !

RobertTB
03-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Shoot, I been stir crazy fer long as I kin 'member. Whats a little open water ? Nothin' more'n some more festerin'. I reckon I outta' send that broke rod off to git fixed and sharpen some hooks in the meantime.

Texas Dan
03-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Talk about shameful! The water temp is approaching 60 degrees here in Dallas, so I ventured out in the old Procraft for a little bass fishing in the open (muddy) water. I flung a few slow rolled rattle traps at a some fully upright trees…..then….make sure no one is looking……pull out that new 8’ diamond back with the 300D attached (santa was reeeeel good to me!) and let that pacemaker fly!!! I could be committed for such things this far south, but I probably threw that thing for an hour! S…T!! Not even one follow, but I go into the 8 anyway….you never know!! See y’all in July.

Ty Sennett
03-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Now that's commitment!

Pete Rich
03-14-2009, 03:51 PM
My dad, mike markoshitz, and I went down to Illinois last weekend for sum musky action. We boated 5 with the biggest going 43". I'm heading back down sunday night. Ty grab yur gear we go room. Let's go!!!