PDA

View Full Version : Any Snow?

IOOF105
03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey Guys and Gals, Just a quick question if I might. I was wondering if you got any snow out of this last storm that came through? I was going to come up this weekend for some fishing and was thinking about bringing the snow mobile too, or should I just leave it home. Thanks in advance for any help.

George
03-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Here' Kat's report. You decide. Personally I wouldn't waste the slides and carbides.:(

Reported by: Kat @ Dear Lodge
Date of Report: March 11, 2009
Trail Conditions: Poor
Snow Cover: trails- ice base & not much inches

Area Report: Quarterbacks and Weatherman...... The highest paid professionals to be wrong more than half the time.
But then, I guess that's why they call it a prediction of the weather.

We ended up with maybe two inches.
Definitely not enough to change the status of the trails.
To top it off, it looks like this weekend is going to get back up in the high 30's again.

Unless things turn around it looks like it's time for Kevin, Maria and I to enjoy some great spring horseback riding on those wonderful trails the snowmobile club put in just for our pleasure.
And of course..... shine my motorcycle and get ready to get the heck out of here.

Chris O.- since you don't snowmobile and you read this anyway, to dream of the Northwoods......Yes, fishing season is right around the corner!

Iron County trails do not close until March 31, so we may still be able to slip in a weekend or two yet.

If you do come up, use caution on the lakes as they will start pulling stakes.
Also, plan carefully for gas and food, as many of the businesses will start closing completely or only open on the weekends

IOOF105
03-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks George