PDA

View Full Version : Musky Bait

FrenchCrickJunkie
03-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Red

I was jigging for walleyes tonight in the Tygart river in West Virginia. I caught two walleyes after dark. Nothing spectacular...but the real reason why I'm posting is I caught about a 20 inch rainbow an hour before dark that had been hammered by something big recently. It had huge gashes down both sides and about a 7-8 inch wide mouth imprint on it. I would have taken a picture with my camera but somebody left it in the truck(ME), but I did get a snapshot with my phone. Haha. But wow was I impressed. Had to have been a muskie right?

Nate

NitroMusky
03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Had to have been a muskie right?

Nate

could have been a biiig pike, presuming they're in there...or maybe a baby loch ness
;)

muskie24/7
03-08-2009, 09:17 AM
This is pretty common on the stocked trout! I have caught Palomino trout up to 24 inches that were all scarred up from big teeth! Those stocked fish don't have a clue about predators. They're an easy meal when they stop by to say hello to Mr. Muskie! (chomp, chomp, chomp) I think this year I'm gonna take some time and do alittle Trout fishing. I haven't done it alot since I got bit with "The Muskie Bug"

Brian