PDA

View Full Version : no Ill ice fishing

Pan Fish
03-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey Rfrg , Well the last two week's have been hit an miss, We had 14 to 18 inches of ice two week's ago but had a big thaw an lost 8 " of ice an shore ice started to get pretty weak , the fishing was off and on just like the weather, A couple of nice day's , an fishing responded with good result's and decent number's of crappies , blue gills , and perch , fishing in 10 to 14 fow , Using waxies , spikes, an small minnow's . Northern pike fishing has been pretty good also , using large shiner's an lately we have been using dead bait ! on are tip up's fishing the same 10 to 14 fow. I have been having a hard time locating the walleye , We were catching them in late jan an early feb but they seem to have found a good hiding spot lately ?? Now this week another big thaw !! with temp's in the 40's an today reaching 60 degrees it's not looking good , The ice is getting that blue/black color an the shore ice is thinning fast, If we get the rain this weekend that they're calling for it could be all over , an time to get the boat ready for some early open water fishing , well that's march for you , longer day's and the sun doing it's thing. Well i gotta go the sun setting an i hope the fish are biting tonight, good luck to all , Pan Fish