PDA

View Full Version : What a Wierd day!!!

slammer
03-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Set up in 34 ft. this afternoon 3:00 to 7:15pm and all hell broke loose at 4:45and didn't know which way to run . Was marking a few nice fish and didn't want to miss one and had a flag up. Caught the fish on the vex, 19 incher and then ran out to grab the flag that was spinnin. False alarm, Got back to the shack and the vex was lit up like a xmas tree. Nailed two nice perch in two minutes and another flag went up and spinning like a whirling dervish. Took my time to bundle up as it was colder than hell out there and no more spinning of the tip up. That's because I got spooled. Luckily I had a good knot on it and set the hook and howy mowy, thought I had walter on again.
After a few runs , I got this pig up to the hole and still couldn't see what it was from all the snow blowing in the hole. To my surprise , better than gold it was a 34" lawyer, Yahoo. Two jumbo perch , one 19 incher and a 34"lawyer in a matter of 5 minutes. What a start . Marked more fish tonight than I ever have and couldn't believe all the dinks I caught. I gave up counting . I figure these were the one's that slipped through the nets heading north. Had a few more hits but no other keepers. The other weird thing is that it all stopped at about 6:30 , which is usually prime time, way before dark. Oh well, I'll be feasting on lobster (po man) tonight. By the way , got the lawyer on a tip up on a small sucker two feet off the bottom. Keep the reports coming!
Slammer!!!!!!!!

DooFighter
03-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Glad to hear you had some action, Slammer. Lawyers? Ugh, despicable creatures! LOL :)