PDA

View Full Version : big spinnerbait question?

rustyman
02-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Bought this huge spinnerbait made by beaver lures today. The bait is approx. 15 inches and weighs about 5 ounces. Can't find any info on value or reputation. The business is no longer going as far as I can tell. I can't post the pic it says file is too big. Any suggestions.

tomcat
02-27-2009, 01:04 PM
mostly a trolling lure...but you could cast it.
there is a split ring holding on the biggest spinner blade. you can take off the blade and replace it with a bigger blade (to match that HUGE body) if you want.

i have seen some big fish taken on this lure...but i have not see a lot of fish caught on this lure.
there was an article in Musky Hunter a few years back and the author talked about this bait and had some cool pics.
it's probalby worth $15. not a super popular lure...but it's ok

Toad
02-28-2009, 12:03 AM
I've got one of those....runs pretty cool.... barely used it. But I could if I wanted to...that's what I tell my wife when she asks why I have all the lures. It's because of the fishing possibilities that are involved hunny. Don't want to eliminate the possibilities, now would we.

Nice reply too, Tomkat....felt like I was watching the antiques roadshow or something. Awesome.

muskytodd
02-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Too funny! Thanks for the laugh!