PDA

View Full Version : Its cold out there!

The Tiny Fisherman
02-27-2009, 08:39 AM
We got about four inches of snow, but with the high winds...Wow. I took this picture this morning, it looks like big rollers froze in time.

Its going to be ruff getting around on the ice.

Remember, keep your stick on the ice,

AnglerAl
02-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Holy cow, where does the land end and the water start? Great pic, Tiny! :)

Lisa

BlueRanger
02-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Wind does some neat things with snow, doesn't it? I was planning on some skiing this weekend, but the weather kept me home. Hard to trust the 10-day forecast, but next weekend looks good so far. Not looking forward to seeing the end of the driveway.

Randy
02-27-2009, 11:34 PM
No, wind does not do neat things with snow! Just kidding, I kind of felt an obligation to disagree with Blue.

Awesome picture! Kind of makes me feel like we're a long ways away from open water.

BlueRanger
02-28-2009, 12:00 PM
This should get your hopes up! Driving home from work the day before the blizzard, which was sunny and about 40 degrees, I actually saw a boat out fishing on the Mississippi.

The Tiny Fisherman
03-02-2009, 08:09 AM
I want to thank you for the reply's.

It was -25 actual temperature Saturday morning. We had high hopes to get out early for the fisheree. It got to about zero at noon so we headed out. Boy was it cold out on the Big Water, with nothing to break up the winds. We circled the trucks and put the shandy up for a wind break. Not to say the least, it was very slow. The kids caught the largest perch (12.5") and the smallmouth (16"). We stayed out after dark and did ice a few walleyes, but it was work picking up the tip-ups. Oh well, a end to another ice fishing for the eyes. Watch out pan fish!

Another day of Global Warming -18,

gus
03-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Like the pic.That's what it looked and felt like out there this weekend.Had a great time at the fisheree.Good company and a couple of FROSTY cold ones.
Can't believe game fish season is over all ready.I have to agree with Tiny,LOOK OUT PANFISH!!As long as we have good ice might as well go fishin'.Can always cut wood later.:rolleyes: