PDA

View Full Version : Dunwright vs. Lakewood?

Musky Mason
02-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Which have the best tackle boxes?

Musky Mason

Snizz
02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I have only used 1 lakewood...it is holding up well...I know a pocket on my buddies ripped but i cant remember if that was user error or just cuz it got old...

I think it is a pepsi vs. coke scenario...get what you like...it's just a box for holding lures and equipment...

Jason L.
02-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Dunwright boxes weigh a ton so I went with lakewood.

Kyle K.
02-25-2009, 11:28 AM
I have 3 Lakewoods and love them. they hold the gear well. the big ones like the monster can get heavy to carry when they are loaded full but most of the boxes out there do.

Ty Sennett
02-25-2009, 12:51 PM
I like the Lakewoods also. They don't weigh as much and don't scratch up your boat if they rub on something.

muskiethriller06
02-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Well I am going to order a Lakewood and am not sure what to get. I currently have 3 of the muskie monsters but would like to get a little smaller or was thinking about getting the new Lakewood Ultimate Tackle Box for most of my bucktails. What do you think of that one Ty? It is between that one and the medium. What do you currently have Ty? Thanks

jkahler
02-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Last spring I bought the small Lakewood box. I like it better than having my bigger box (non lakewood) in the boat. If you know where you're going you can just throw a dozen baits in it and you won't be changing lures as often.

I still bring everything on vacation, but leave most of it in the cabin or truck.

The big lakewood boxes do make a good spare boat seat though.

Ty Sennett
02-26-2009, 09:16 AM
I've got two of the musky mediums and two of the inserts for the muskie mediums stuck under one of my decks. The musky monster is huge. That one is tough to find space for in some boats. It stores a lot of tackle though.