PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Fox River

Nick W
02-21-2009, 09:22 AM
I have been doing vary well fishing the Fox River for Muskies the last couple of years. There is vary little fishing pressure in the areas I fish. There is a little more pressure for Walleye but not early when the Big girls set up. I live 30 min. from river southwest suburbs of Chicago. It is so awesome out there, I am usually by myself. I am looking for someone intersted in fishing out there with me some this year. I know the area that I am fishing vary well and know were the fish live lol.

muelhunter
02-21-2009, 01:37 PM
nick I live in a town called Bartlett near the river it's actually next to Elgin I've been musky fishing for about 5 years or so and have never heard of anyone doing any good on the river far from the chain.I no someone that makes baits in aurora and has been testing them down there for ten years and has never got a follow so I'm kinda skeptical.seems like your pretty in tune with how to fish the river and I would love to get out with you to learn what you've figured out and to prove all my friends,dad,and Mic from American hardwood lures that there are muskys in the river south of Algonquin.I have a boat aswell so if there's room in yours there will be room for u in my boat.P.S. If your not already u should join the Fox river vally chapter of musky Inc
The guys in the club would love to hear wat your doing n the river

Brandyn Shepherd
02-21-2009, 03:23 PM
If this is the Nick I think it is... based on the pictures you have, the area you fish the most is actually the most heavily pressured spot on the Fox River. Most people that say they fish the Fox for muskies really only fish this one spot for the most part.

The Fox is far from an untouched fishery and remember, it doesn't have a stocking program. The fish come from the Fox Chain, Shabbona, and Holiday. Those lakes have some great fishing, so just how many actually go the distance and end up in the river and survive? Can't be too many considering the "best" known spot on the river doesn't really hold "that many" fish. Most fish down there have been caught over and over again.

See you on the water.

Nick W
02-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Say Muel Hunter, Here is my Email if your intersted nicholas.weesies@sbcglobal.net send me a email and I will give you my phone number. We can talk more over the phone Nick W

Nick W
02-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Brandyn, LoL do I know you? Pictures? Y dont I see anyone else out there fishing for Muskies? This area is not the boyscout camp area if that is what your thinking. 19 just fishing once a weekend during the summer, I dont think I am catching the same fish over and over. Fish of all different sizes 3 or 4encounters in a day on some days. Well it is what it is and I will take it. Nick W

Brandyn Shepherd
02-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Notice I said "If" this is the Nick I think it is. Just thought it was since he made an identical post recently and put up a couple pictures.

Sorry about that and good luck this year!