PDA

View Full Version : indian lake??

patman17
02-19-2009, 06:01 PM
havent heard much about indian lake ~~~~anyone been over there ??

jigrapper
02-19-2009, 11:14 PM
I actually live 1 mile from Indian Lake. Fishing has been "poor to rotten" for the past 2 weeks. Haven't been able to locate any decent perch after doing well in January. Friend of mine using an aqua-vu was seeing "tons of wigglers".......could be part of the problem. This is usual for Indian Lake this time of year. Guys targeting walleye are experiencing the same...slow fishing.
Also we have had quite a bit of snow the past few days, and the landings on the east shore are really plugged with deep snow. High winds have blown much of the snow over to the east side. Getting on will be tough unless you use a snowmachine.

Also, a pickup went into the lake on the north end this past Monday. From what I have been able to find out the truck was near the "Ditch" creek in 8 ft of water. Driver got out OK!! The thaw we had last week put a lot of water on the ice and the rivers and creeks on the north end are a good place to stay away from.

I have been heading over to Little Bay for the last week or so. Some success on perch. Lots of small walleye and an occasional whitefish.

patman17
02-20-2009, 10:38 AM
thanks jigrapper for the info!!