View Full Version : Turtle-Flambeau Flowage

Downsouth
02-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Ty...

Wondering how familiar you might be with the TF Flowage over near Mercer? Would you consider it to be rather similar to the Chip, or really not?

Ty Sennett
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
I haven't fished it but from what I hear it is really similar to the Chip. It is younger in age so there are more stumps than the Chip but similar as far as fishing. I've heard the topwater fishing is great.

Again, this is all in what I've heard because I've never been on the Turtle.

Pete Rich
02-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Be carefull out on the turtle. As Ty said there are a lot of stups. The biggest difference in structure is that the turtle has very little weed growth. There are some patches of reeds. But as far as finding coontail and cabage the spots are very limited.

Dale
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I've only musky fished it once myself, but my dad fishes walleyes etc out there quite a bit. What others have said about being careful out there cannot be emphasized enough. There is a ton of stuff to hit, and its not well marked at all.

I did fish it with a local muskie guy who spends some time out there. The info I got was its 2 bad days for every 1 good. Good quality fish out there. Not a great numbers lake.