PDA

View Full Version : The saga continues!!!

slammer
02-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Well, fished later this afternoon to 7:15 pm off the west bank south of Gladstone and north of the Terrace. Set up just off the break in 33 ft. and at about 10 minutes to 6:00 all hell broke loose. I marked a fish and then it swam away. That was the only fish marked all night and never had a flag. When I say all hell broke loose, I didn't realize how much crap I had in my shack that can be thrown in fits of anger and frustration. From the hand gestures I got from some others around me , nobody else caught anything either. Thought maybe the South wind theory could have been part of the problem again, cuz it was really howling out there tonight, but who knows?
Gonna be real dumb and try it again tomorrow. Can't wait. Better take a tube or two of super glue along in case all hell breaks loose again tomorrow!
Slammer!!!!!

RudyG
02-16-2009, 11:08 PM
I havent had much more luck than you..

but this morning I had to run out to the shanty just to check some things out around 8:30 .. what the heck.. I'm here set up the vex and drop a line down.. hooked into a nice 22 incher in about 15 minutes.. marked a few more and had to go due to commitments. One week of no fish .. and checking on the shack I cattch one in a half hour of fishing..

going in the am.. hope things continue to improve.

North Town
02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
but this morning I had to run out to the shanty just to check some things out around 8:30 ..

So... no fish on the tip ups?

walleyeguy
02-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Come on Nort towner, fast Eddie B wouldn't do something like that;)

RudyG
02-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Actually that wasnt it...was worried about the heater.. couldnt remember shutting it down:confused:..LOL.. all was fine though..and it gave me a reason to get out of the house! ;)

Went out this morning form 7 AM till noon... notta agin!! spotted some fish.. no commitments! moved again... about 11 and gonna try there tomorrow.. then who knows?????

jigrapper
02-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Went out again Monday east and north of Kipling. Fished 29 ft in the a.m. Only one mark that looked decent. Moved out to 36 feet and finished the day there. A few nice perch, and 'tons' of small walleye. They really turned on about 4:45 till dark. Quit counting at 10 landed --with a number of missed hits and lost on the way up. All running from 10-14 inches. Great fish number for the future, but I am looking for some good eaters NOW!!!

Sounds like a nasty storm coming, so fishin will be on hold for a few days.