PDA

View Full Version : Mud

In the G
02-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Fished in the mud north of hunters fri eve & sat morn. Marked a few big fish that were all over me but they wouldn't commit. My buddy, fishing 50 yards away had his cam down and saw over thirty walleyes all sizes. He said a couple showed interest but nothing would hit. I went to a lighter leader and ended up with two eaters (17" & 20"). Both came on my dead stick, using a size 8 demon glow tipped with a 3" minnow in 25 fow. Com' on new moon!

Outnumbered
02-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Fished in the mud out from Kipling on Saturday with my dad and a couple of our friends. One guy lost 2 fish at the hole one around 30 and the other around 23 and I think he landed a 21. My dad landed a 17 and I lost a 17 at the hole and had a large mark bite, but I missed it on the hookset. All of our fish came jigging within 2 feet of bottom and the smaller raps tipped with a minnow head were the ticket. We also landed a few nice perch. The fish definately were not interested in the big raps or aggressive jigging. Actually marked a good number of bigger fish this trip. The water seems abnormally clear this year as I could see a whitefish chasing my rap about 20 feet down. In years past fishing the mud areas I seem to have better luck fishing where I find the dirtier water, but haven't been able to find any this year? This has definately been our slowest year for keepers since we started fishing the bay about 7 or 8 years ago.