PDA

View Full Version : Strikemaster plastic handles

Bigonfish
02-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Got my new 10" Strikemaster and after the first outing the plastic handle broke off. I've read from other people on the blogs that many had the same problem so I was pretty careful. I bought mine at Bass Pro. I'll try to exchange or return. Has anyone else had the same problem? Did you try to contact either the dealer of the manufacturer? What was the outcome?

North Town
02-16-2009, 08:42 AM
I broke the handle on mine last year, but it was due to my own stupidity. I didn't realize it was leaning against my quad when I went to move just a little ways to block the wind.. Handle snapped at the base when it hit the ice. I orderd a new handle direct from Strike Master, had it in a couple of days and replaced it. Was real simple to do. Did the handle break off through just standard use? That would be surprising.

Bigonfish
02-16-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't even know when this happend. That's why it seemed a bit strange. Have I not read similar stories I would've assumed it was my fault. It did break right at the base though just like yours. Strikemaster has replacement handles for $37 but if it's happening to a lot of people they should address the problem somehow.

thanks for your reply.

Coolman
02-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Ive never had a problem with breaking anything off the auger before. And im not that easy on my equipment and have had it for four years now.

Bigonfish
02-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks to those who replied. I called Strikemaster directly and the very nice customer service rep told me that once in while there could be an air buble in the handle that can contribute to a snap. It's considered a manufacturing defect and they agreed to send me a new one at no charge which was very nice of them.

retardedherring
02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
I'v had mine for 4-5 years now and have never had a problem with the handles. I'v replaced the plug once and a piece from the throttle. And I'm constantly told about how hard I am on equipment. I belive thing are made to be used and abused.

vertigo
02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I am on my third handle...however the breaks have been related to the auger tipping over on the ice or in the garage. Very easy to replace just an inconveniance when you need it. I have to let people know when they finish with it set it down do not lean it against the shack or stick it upright in a shallow hole if it falls its broke.

Vertigo,
Kevin