PDA

View Full Version : Life Is Good............NOT!!!!

Frank Walsh
02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Don't think I have ever seen it more miserable out there. I guess that's what three days above freezing and rain will do to two feet of snow.

Hopefully the upcoming colder weather will freeze her back up again.

Frank Walsh
02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Some more...........

Doug Johnson
02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I was thinking about you the last time I drove down and took a look at the slush. Drove to Mpls on Tuesday, and most of the lakes all the way down looked the same. Big mess! Glad I'm heading for open water!

All you need now is about a foot of new snow.

Doug Johnson

nmhunter
02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm really feeling for you here as I am sitting in my campground overlooking Falcon Lake in Zapata Texas. It's a cool 83 degrees, going out bass fishing tomorrow, made this choice a week ago about which way to go, North or South, looks like I done good.

Will be seeing you in March.

B & W

Frank Walsh
02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Good idea. I'll call the travel agent first thing in the morning.

Frank Walsh
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Guess Doug and Ryan will be laughing at the rest of us. Need anyone to carry the luggage???

Tim Kelly
02-13-2009, 02:38 AM
Looks more like London now!

Frank Walsh
02-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Remember, that's the snow that is left after three days of rain. The water left in the tracks is about 6" deep. If this was dry land, we would be smiling.

Illinois Dennis
02-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Hopefully things will freeze up solid tonight, nice and crunchy. Looks like its getting rather interesting! Hope the Bomber doesn't freeze up solid!!!!!!!

Frank Walsh
02-14-2009, 04:01 PM
It's a whole lot better today. Still kicking up tons of slush, but firming up somewhat. At least back to using my trails. Should be much better tomorrow when the newly exposed water freezes. Now I'll be praying for snow to fill the miles of ruts.

Huntforit
02-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Thats half the battle.

Doug Johnson
02-15-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm finely in Tennessee. Haven't seen any snow or ice for the last 300 miles. It's 47 above (not below). The birds are singing, the grass is starting to green up, the muskies are hungry...life is good!

Doug Johnson

Pikebob
02-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Worst part about those pictures and life being bad, Keystone Light on the front of the Bomber!

Backlash

Frank Walsh
02-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Don't laugh. That was the good stuff. I made them put the Schmidt inside where it would not be seen. Kind of like riding a motor scooter, or ?????

Fisher
02-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Could a person drive a wheeler around up there is just sleds?
Thanks

BWold
02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Pikebob.............that aint nothin!!! Last year for Operation Muskie, I walked into the cabin to store my gear and put my jug in the freezer. Opened the fridge to store my pop and there was a case of Hamms and Schmidt in there. Those Sconnie guys will drink anything!!!!

Frank Walsh
02-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Hard for me to pass judgment on a wheeler vs. a sled. Have not seen anyone on one, and still a lot of snow around. Was a lot of water under it, but at least the top had hardened up.

Guy would probably have to stay off the marked trails. Lots of talk of the DNR ticketing those traveling on marked trails with wheeled vehicles, and/or lack of trail stickers.

Gissert
02-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Been there/done that with the deep crusted snow and wheeler combo. It's all fine and good until you find the inevitable soft spot. Next thing you know you are hanging by the frame with the wheels in slop, and a heavy portable dragging the rear of the wheeler down. Its not so bad if you have a partner with another wheeler/winch, but it still puts the clamps on the fun factor.