PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for Visiting Us at Tinley Park and Bass Pro Shops

Russ Warye
02-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks to everyone that stopped by our booths at both events - the Tinley Park Show and the Guide's and Outfitters Weekend at Bass Pro Shops, Gurnee, Il. Tinley Park was a huge success through the efforts of Ed Petrovskis, including providing the 52-inch Joe Fittante replica (Antigo, WI) which was a great attention getter. Ed's satellite photo lamination of Lake of the Woods was easily the "stopper" as attendees stopped to exclaim over the photo

These early spring shows are a great way to get fired up for the upcoming season, besides perusing the new lures and systems the fishing tackle industry comes up with. In general, we are seeing lots of swimbaits for different species - bass to pike and muskie and large bucktails in the Cowgirl tradition are being made by everybody. Additional, saw new leaders, including the very latest flouro. and others. Also, great plastics and new colors for smallmouth and weed walleye are being shown...including more of the successful Gulp products (note - not sponsored by them).

Time to start planning and getting the tackle ready...and it's a great break from writing!
Russ Warye

Dave B
02-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Russ -- My wife says she doesn't need a calendar because she can tell when the hunting seasons are over and it's February because I have all my fishing stuff out, sharpening hooks, oiling reels, and putting on new line. She particularly gets a kick out of seeing me put new line on my reels. My group will be up at Camp the first week of August, and we are already pouring over the maps and putting together our milk runs. The preparation and anticipation is as much a part of the trip as the time we actually spend at Camp. It's mid February and I already can't wait. Luckily here in Central Illinois we've got a muskie tournament in a month. It won't be long.

Fivelines
02-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Good Morning Russ,
You've peaked my interest with your description of the Satellite photo of the lake. Any chance you could put it on your website, for those of us who live too far away from these sites to attend? I'm really suffering from the doldrums of winter here in the U.P., and a picture of my little slice of heaven on earth would really bollster my outlook. Thanks in advance if you can do it...Mike