PDA

View Full Version : 2/11 Quick fishing update

Muskie Matt
02-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey everyone... Recent warm weather has changed our conditions out on the lakes, it's sloppy and slick but much easier to get around now. A slight freeze with just a dusting of snow would make for ideal late season travel conditions out on the ice.

The bite has been pretty good lately, the warmer weather maybe? Been doing a lot of pike/walleye with a couple panfish outings thrown in. Pike and walleye have been ok, the pannies a little more sketchy, unless you're looking for perch. They've been doing good lately too.

Listen in to the show this Sunday and I'm sure we'll have full details for everyone.

Muskie Matt
02-12-2009, 04:05 AM
Hey Dave,

Kinda nice being able to walk around with ease, eh? I'll be seeing you very soon... Looks like Sat. now.

Thanks for the update and the muskrat hole notice, gotta let guys know about that little bit of info, save someone a bath or worse...

If you're not doing anything, c'mon down on Sunday. Fish with us in the ice jamboree we're having.

All you local guys... stop on by, we'll have some fun. We started this little event to kinda fill in for the annual "Fish? What Fish?" outing I used to have every year on Banana Lake. I've been wanting to start doing an outing again... this is the perfect solution... close to town... easy access... everything we could need right at hand. So everybody, bring the kids and come on over to WEL Sunday.

Muskie Matt
02-13-2009, 11:22 AM
This year on LVD it seems when the eye bite did happen it was always the sets in 9-10 feet of water that had the most flags. A bit deeper than usual. Like Dave mentioned, make your set then come back in a few minutes to make sure you're not all wrapped up in a weed clump. If you can lift your tip-up without the flag tripping... it should be a good set.

Going for a little RnR outing myself this weekend... if nothing comes up.